Miley Cyrus’ single “Flowers” earned the largest streaming week since 2021, Billboard announced Monday, as the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for a second week in a row.
In the tracking week ending January 26, “Flowers” garnered 59.8 million streams, the most since Drake, Future and Young Thug’s song “Way 2 Sexy” earned 67.3 million within seven days in September 2021.
It’s also the first song to have two consecutive weeks with more than 50 million streams, since Oliva Rodrigo’s “drivers license” in January 2021.
In the second full week since it was released, “Flowers” earned 40.8 million radio airplay impressions and sold 65,000 units.
Cyrus isn’t the only record earner on the charts this week. On Sunday, SZA and her album SOS became the first woman to have an album chart at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 since Taylor Swift’s Folklore in 2020, according to Billboard. It’s the first R&B album to spend seven weeks at No. 1 since Whitney Houston’s Whitney in 1987.
Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 Singles
- “Flowers,” Miley Cyrus
- “Kill Bill,” SZA
- “Anti-Hero,” Taylor Swift
- “Creepin’,” Metro Boomin, The Weeknd and 21 Savage
- “Unholy,” Sam Smith and Kim Petras
- “I’m Good (Blue),” David Guetta and Bebe Rhexa
- “Die For You,” The Weeknd
- “Rich Flex,” Drake and 21 Savage
- “As It Was,” Harry Styles
- “Golden Hour,” JVKE
Billboard 200 Top 10 Albums
- SOS, SZA
- Midnights, Taylor Swift
- Mansion Musik, Trippie Redd
- The Mockingbird & The Crow, HARDY
- Heroes & Villains, Metro Boomin
- Her Loss, Drake and 21 Savage
- Un Verano Sin Ti, Bad Bunny
- Dangerous: The Double Album, Morgan Wallen
- American Heartbreak, Zach Bryan
- It’s Only Me, Lil Baby
Cyrus’ song debuted earlier this month, and became the second No. 1 hit of her career, following 2013’s “Wrecking Ball.” In its first week, the song became the most-streamed song in a seven day period on Spotify, garnering over 96 million streams. One week later, the song broke its own record for the most streams in a week on the streaming service. The tune is widely rumored to be about Cyrus’ ex-husband Liam Hemsworth, as it was released on his birthday and contains details that appear to match up with their relationship.
Miley Cyrus’ ‘Flowers’ Becomes Most-Streamed Song Over A Week On Spotify (Forbes)
Miley Cyrus’ ‘Flowers’ Rules Weekend Music Streaming Charts As Breakup Songs Surge (Forbes)