Bernie Sanders has been labeled a hypocrite for charging up to $95 ticket to an event promoting his new book bashing capitalism.
The senator, 81, is prepping his drop his newest book It’s Okay To Be Angry About Capitalism on February 21, which retails for $28.
Like many authors, the Democratic Socialist is hosting an event following its release at the Anthem in Washington DC on March 1, with tickets ranging from $35 to $95. Tickets $55 and above come with a copy of the book.
His critics are slamming the Vermont leader for charging any amount for the event about capitalism, in addition to selling the tickets on Ticketmaster, despite Congress’ criticism toward the monopoly last week.
‘He’s a walking advertisement for why the left is full of crap. This is ridiculous,’ Fox News‘ Dana Perino said on The Five.
Scroll down for video
Bernie Sanders, 81, is prepping his drop his newest book It’s Okay To Be Angry About Capitalism on February 21, which retails for $28. Like many authors, the Democratic Socialist is hosting an event following its release at the Anthem in Washington DC on March 1, with tickets ranging from $35 to $95
Sanders’ book hits shelves on February 21 and tickets to his event are available to the general public on February 3
Co-host Judge Jeanine Pirro called the move ‘hypocrisy’ to ask fans to ‘literally have to work the whole day to pay to watch him give his speech.’
‘Why would you bother to pay the $95?’ she questioned. ‘You can watch them for free all day on C-Span.’
Greg Gutfeld also slammed the senator on the show for charging anything since Sanders promotes socialism.
‘The ticket should be free or at least force the audience to pay for the tickets of the other half,’ he quipped on the show. ‘Or maybe more like 20 percent should pay for the remaining 80 percent, so the prices are like $500 per person and everyone else is free. Then the people that paid the $500 have to be next to the eight people that did not pay at all.
‘But what’s most disgraceful about this, is he’s working with Ticketmaster. This is 2023. Ticketmaster? What is that?’ he said.
On Fox News’ The Five, Sanders received heavy criticism, including one host suggesting the tickets should be free or that 20 percent of the audience should be a hefty fee to allow 80 percent to attend for free as the senator promotes socialism
‘He’s a walking advertisement for why the left is full of crap. This is ridiculous,’ Fox News ‘ Dana Perino (pictured) said
Several others took to Twitter to call out the Vermont diplomat for selling his event tickets on Ticketmaster, despite Congress criticizing the monopoly last week
However, Sanders didn’t only catch heat from Fox News, but colleagues and Twitter users didn’t miss the opportunity to call the senator out.
Michigan State Representative Bill Huizenga wrote on Twitter: ‘Anyone else see the “irony” in Bernie Sanders selling tickets for his “It’s Okay to Be Angry About Capitalism” book tour on Ticketmaster?’
Reverend Alan P. wrote: ‘@BernieSanders hates’ capitalism, but sells tickets to his book tour on Ticketmaster. Why doesn’t he make his book tour free? You know like he wants to make else free.’
Another Twitter user wrote: ‘Bernie Sanders is selling tickets to his book tour. His book is called “It’s Okay to Be Angry About Capitalism.” Read that as many times as you need to to understand how dumb that is.’
Travis Akers wrote: ‘To promote his new book “It’s Okay to Be Angry About Capitalism,” Sen. Bernie Sanders is selling tickets for his book tour on Ticketmaster, just a week following his strong criticism of the company.’
Mike David wrote: ‘Bernie Sanders is charging $95 per attendee for his book tour lectures about why capitalism is bad. Yes. Really.’
Sanders has not publicly responded to the criticism.
On March 1, Sanders will be joining his fans to discuss the ‘progressive takedown of the uber-capitalist status quo that has enriched millionaires and billionaires at the expense of the working class, and a blueprint for what transformational change would actually look like,’ the event organizer said.
Tickets will become available to the general public on February 3.
Source: | This article originally belongs to Dailymail.co.uk