Share and Follow
Wesley Bryan is a renowned American golfer who was previously a youtuber
Wesley Bryan, The Renowned Golfer
Wesley Bryan, the younger brother of fellow Big Break The Palm Beaches, FL competitor George Bryan, is a talented golfer with a story of resilience and determination.
Despite facing significant challenges in his golf career, Wesley’s passion for the game and his unwavering dedication have propelled him forward.
In this article, we explore Wesley Bryan’s journey, from his introduction to golf at a young age to his pursuit of professional success.
Wesley Bryan’s Early Life
Wesley Bryan’s journey in golf began with his father, who introduced him to the sport during his formative years.
Following in the footsteps of his older brother George, Wesley participated in various sports throughout his childhood.
However, it was in high school that he decided to focus on golf, showcasing his natural talent and dedication to the game.
Wesley Bryan’s Sibling Rivalry
Wesley and George Bryan’s competitive nature shines through in their relationship.
When asked about their victories over each other throughout their careers, they provide different answers, emphasizing their shared desire to excel in the sport they love.
As they compete on Big Break The Palm Beaches, FL, their sibling rivalry and competitive spirits will undoubtedly fuel their pursuit of their lifelong dreams.
Read more: Sebastian Korda: His Parents, Age, Career And Lifestyle
Wesley Bryan’s Professional Journey
Wesley Bryan’s Career Transition
What might surprise you is that Wesley Bryan, the renowned golf player, began his journey by making videos for YouTube.
The popularity of YouTube played a significant role in Wesley’s path to the PGA Tour. In this article, we will delve into Wesley Bryan’s early life, his goals as a golf player, and explore some lesser-known facts about his life and career.
Wesley Bryan’s Early Beginning
- There isn’t much information available about Wesley Bryan’s early life. He has rarely spoken about his teenage years. However, Wesley Bryan was born in 1990 and is an American golf player. He attended Dutch Fork High School in South California.
- After high school, he enrolled at the University of South Carolina, where he played golf and achieved victories in two events.
- During his earlier years, Bryan made YouTube videos with his brother. YouTube has served as a platform for many singers, comedians, dancers, and now, with Wesley Bryan, it adds a golf player to the list. He and his brother George used to create videos showcasing their golf tricks.
- Their videos gained attention, and in 2015, they appeared on the reality show called “Big Break The Palm Beaches, FL.”
Wesley Bryan’s opening-round 65 at the Barbasol Championship included a career-best six straight birdies on Nos. 5-10. His previous best steak was five consecutive birdies at the 2017 John Deere Classic (R4).
— PGA TOUR Communications (@PGATOURComms) July 13, 2023
Wesley Bryan: Goal of Golf Player
- Golfing runs in Wesley Bryan’s blood. His father, brother, and sister are all golf players. Wesley played on several small tours and made a name for himself.
- In March 2016, while participating in the Chitimacha Louisiana Open, the third event on the Web.com Tour, Bryan secured his first out of three victories by finishing with a 3-under 68, earning him a web.com tour card.
- A month later, he clinched his second victory at the El Bosque Mexico Championship. In August of the same year, he achieved his third win at the Digital Ally Open. This victory catapulted him to immense popularity and led to promotional opportunities.
- One of the notable promotions was his entry into the PGA Tour, where he ranked 11th among golf players. Wesley Bryan also earned the title of Player of the Year in the Web.com Tour.
Wesley Bryan’s Achievements In Golf
- Before earning his Web.com tour card, Bryan, at the age of 25 in 2015, completed a 14-under 270 and secured a cool par in windy conditions at LE TRIOMPHE.
- He made a crucial 15-foot birdie putt on the 17th hole. This achievement also rewarded him with a prize money of $99,000.
On April 16, 2017, at the RBC Heritage, Wesley Bryan clinched his first victory on the PGA Tour. He triumphed over Luke Donald, winning by a single stroke. As with his other victories, this one came with a reward. He earned a spot in the Masters Tournament, which was scheduled for 2018. Alongside the 2018 Tournament, his success propelled him to the 37th position in The Official World Golf Ranking.
Wesley Bryan’s Collegiate Challenges And Resilience
As Wesley Bryan progressed to the collegiate level, his game faced a significant setback during his time at the University of South Carolina (USC). Despite a successful junior golf career marked by multiple victories, he experienced a period of struggle known as the “Yips” during his junior year. These mental challenges threatened to derail his passion for golf.
Recalling this difficult period, Wesley Bryan admits that doubt crept into his mind, and he even contemplated leaving the sport that had been a defining part of his life since childhood. However, he refused to let the adversity define him. Over the next three months, he dedicated himself to the game, determined to overcome his struggles and regain his confidence.
Wesley Bryan’s Resurgence And Professional Pursuit
Wesley Bryan’s perseverance paid off during his senior year at USC. With a renewed focus and improved technique, he achieved some of his best tournament scores in his collegiate career, including a notable victory. These accomplishments not only restored his confidence but also earned him the prestigious Team MVP honors.
Following his graduation, Wesley Bryan made the decision to turn professional.
During this time, he also tied the knot with his college sweetheart, acknowledging her unwavering support as a significant factor in his turnaround. However, like many aspiring professional golfers, financial challenges became an obstacle in maintaining a full tournament schedule.
Wesley Bryan, The Trick Shot
In a stroke of luck, Wesley and George Bryan stumbled upon a potential solution to their financial woes: trick shot videos.
The brothers showcased their remarkable skills and creativity through these videos, attracting millions of views online in 2014 alone.
Recognizing the opportunity, they believe that leveraging this newfound popularity could help fund their pursuit of competing on the prestigious PGA TOUR.
Read more: Ivana Nedved : Relation With Sebastian Korda, Age And Lifestyle
Wesley Bryan Wife, Family And Net Worth
Wesley Bryan’s Wife : Elizabeth Gray
Elizabeth Gray has chosen to maintain a low profile on social media, so not much is publicly known about her personal life.
However, it is known that she attended the University of Georgia, where she pursued a degree in Early Childhood Education. After completing her education, Elizabeth worked as a kindergarten teacher in South Carolina.
Wesley Bryan And His Wife’s Shared Interests
Elizabeth is known for her love of sports and the outdoors. She shares her husband’s passion for golf and often accompanies him to his tournaments.
Apart from golf, she enjoys playing tennis and engaging in outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and exploring new places. Elizabeth’s active lifestyle aligns well with Wesley’s interests, fostering a deep connection between them.
Wesley Bryan And Elizabeth’s Privacy And Support
Despite being married to a famous athlete, Elizabeth values her privacy and prefers to stay away from the limelight.
She maintains a private life and focuses on supporting her husband’s career and raising their two daughters, Hadley and Winnie. Wesley often shares heartwarming photos of their family on his Instagram account, showcasing their happiness and the love they share.
Wesley Bryan And Elizabeth’s Relationship Timeline
- Wesley Bryan and Elizabeth Gray’s relationship began during their time at the University of South Carolina, where they both played on the golf team.
- They started dating and their love for each other grew over time. After a significant period of courtship, Wesley proposed to Elizabeth, and they exchanged vows in a beautiful ceremony in South Carolina.
- Since their marriage, Wesley and Elizabeth have continued to support and uplift each other in their respective careers.
- Elizabeth can often be seen at Bryan’s tournaments, cheering him on from the sidelines. Likewise, Wesley has shared moments of their quality time together off the golf course through social media.
Wesley Bryan And Elizabeth’s Relationship Success
- While the exact age difference between Wesley Bryan and Elizabeth Gray is not publicly known, Wesley was born on March 26, 1990, making him 33 years old as of 2023.
- On the other hand, Elizabeth has chosen not to disclose her birthdate or age.
- Despite the age gap, their relationship has thrived over the years, demonstrating that age should not be the sole determinant of a successful partnership. What matters most is the love, understanding, compatibility, and communication shared between two individuals.
- Bryan and Gray have shown a strong bond and commitment to each other, celebrating their 10th anniversary together in 2022.
Wesley Bryan Net Worth
Wesley Bryan’s net worth reflects his success in professional golf.
Although specific figures are not publicly disclosed, it is estimated that his net worth in 2023 is substantial. With his victories and earnings on the PGA Tour and the Korn Ferry Tour, Wesley has accumulated significant wealth through tournament winnings, endorsements, sponsorships, and other sources of income.
Also Read: Tatum Sik: Profession, Girlfriend, Family And Cause Of Death