A mom said she “ruined” the family television by making this small mistake.
TikToker @rachelgray.ok issued a warning to others to never leave a candle burning underneath a TV set. The reason may seem obvious, but the sleep-deprived mom overlooked the issue causing damage to the appliance.
“Don’t put a candle under your tv :),” the video text read.
The footage zoomed into a small orange mark on the television screen where the candle had melted it. Fortunately, the rest of the flat screen was still functional.
“MY SON SAID MUM WHATS THAT,” she explained. “I ignored him. Then realised.”
Some people in the comments said that they didn’t understand how she could overlook such a “simple thing.” She replied that she is “sleep deprived” and has been “doing silly things” because of it.
The video racked up 2.1 million views on TikTok.
“Thanks bestie, gotta go remove mine now,” a user wrote.
“Happened to me too there’s a hole in the bottom,” another said.
“Also don’t wash your tv in the swimming pool. Another helpful tip,” a person joked.
“I burn a candle on my fireplace under my tv every day for the past 3 years and this has never happened,” someone commented.
“I did this to a new tv, my son said mum the tv is melting,” a TikToker replied.
More from In The Know:
Vitamix is having a huge sale, and you can save up to $125
My favorite pair of wear-everywhere flats are on super sale during Rothy’s rare archive sale
Target’s official Black Friday deals are here! Save on Apple, PlayStation, Samsung, KitchenAid and more
These 10 Coach bags are all 70% off, plus an extra 25% off during the brand’s huge fall sale — as low as $34