“To All The Boys” film series lead Lana Condor is set to star in an action-comedy Hulu series written by Randall Park.
The details: The half-hour comedy “Take Out,” which is still in development, will run under 20th Television studio, according to The Hollywood Reporter exclusively learned.
- Michael Golamco will also pen the pilot along with Park. The two previously worked with Ali Wong to write Netflix’s “Always Be My Maybe.”
- Condor, Golamco, Park and Hieu Ho will serve as executive producers of the series.
- Golamco, Park and Ho’s production company, Imminent Collision, has the first-look deal with 20th Television.
- “We’re so thrilled to be working with Lana on a show that combines our shared passion for romantic comedies and hard-hitting action,” the three at Imminent Collision said in a joint statement. “Love has the tendency to kick our asses. So we thought, why not a show about love and kicking ass?”
- “I couldn’t be more excited to embark on this epic journey with the best partners around, Imminent Collision,” Condor said. “Thank you, Hulu, for your belief in our story, and we can’t wait to share it with the world!”
About the series: “Take Out” follows the story of Iris (Condor) as she struggles to balance her restaurant job, personal life and her secret mission of destroying a nefarious group from taking over New York City.
- The series is reported to be a “genre-bender that ‘takes an irreverent look at the modern-day relationship comedy while also deconstructing one-dimensional tropes from martial arts pop culture.’”
Support our Journalism with a Contribution
Many people might not know this, but despite our large and loyal following which we are immensely grateful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.
Everything you see today is built on the backs of warriors who have sacrificed opportunities to help give Asians all over the world a bigger voice.
However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our industry, from figuring out the most sustainable business model for independent media companies to facing the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.
We hope you consider making a contribution so we can continue to provide you with quality content that informs, educates and inspires the Asian community.
Even a $1 contribution goes a long way. Thank you for everyone’s support. We love you all and can’t appreciate you guys enough.