Revitalize Your Knees After 65: Top 4 Standing Exercises Recommended by Fitness Coach

Enhance your stability on stairs with these four knee-strengthening exercises, perfect for individuals over 65. Begin your journey to steadier steps today. Experiencing knee pain...
HomeUSBahamas officials reveal American man's cause of death after body found on...

Bahamas officials reveal American man’s cause of death after body found on beach

Share and Follow

Bahamas authorities have released autopsy report findings for an American man who briefly disappeared during a vacation to Paradise Island with his parents and was found dead on a beach the next morning.

Authorities found 23-year-old Dinari McAlmont, of Maryland, dead on Paradise Island in Nassau on April 6, just 12 hours after he landed on the island with his parents.

“A post-mortem examination was performed, and the pathologist’s findings revealed that the deceased died as a result of drowning,” the Royal Bahamas Police Force said in a Wednesday news conference, adding that police are still awaiting the results of a toxicology exam.

“Foul play is not suspected at this time,” the police force said, following comments from Michelle McAlmont, McAlmont’s mother, to Eyewitness News Bahamas expressing her belief that her son had been beaten.

Emerald water idyllic beach at Nassau, The Bahamas in a sunny day

Dinari McAlmont apparently left his parents during dinner to get a jacket, which is when he disappeared, and his parents filed a missing person report when they could not track him using cellphone location data. (iStock)

The State Department has issued a Level 2 Travel Advisory for the Bahamas, as well as Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Netherlands Antilles and Turks and Caicos. 

The Level 2 Travel Advisory warns tourists to “be aware of heightened risks to safety and security.”

Share and Follow