Russian National Arrested for Stealing Luxury Yacht
Share and Follow

Police in Florida have arrested a Russian national for allegedly attempting to steal a luxury yacht and flee to the Bahamas.

Nikolai Vilkov, a 29-year-old Russian citizen, was arrested in Hobe Sound, Florida, while aboard a 68-foot luxury yacht after police pursued him on the Indian River for over an hour. Local sheriffs said that he likely stole more than one boat to get to his destination. Per the Maritime Executive:

At about 0100 hours Monday morning, Vilkov arrived at a restaurant parking lot in Jupiter, Florida, and was captured on surveillance camera walking down to a marina. At about 0200 hours, a TowBoat US response boat at that marina started up without authorization, and its GPS tracker showed it moving north. It then ran aground on a sandbar, and the unauthorized operator abandoned it. The thief was not immediately identified.

At 0300 hours, police for the town of Jupiter found Vilkov, who was on foot and walking down a highway near the site of the grounding. They had no evidence to connect him to the missing TowBoat US vessel, so he was allowed to go.

At about 1200-1300 hours, Vilkov arrived at a different marina, located about three hours to the north, police said. Bystanders spotted him aboard a 68-foot luxury yacht, preparing to get under way. At about 1555 hours, the dockmaster for the marina called police to report that the yacht had been stolen.

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY ASSISTING MCSO WITH STOLEN YACHT INVESTIGATIONThe Martin County Sheriff’s Office has…

Posted by Martin County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, May 5, 2025

Police were able to push the yacht into the mangrove thicket near Hobe Sound Bridge and arrested Vilkov shortly afterward. Authorities speculate that he was likely heading for the Bahamas. He has been charged with grand theft, aggravated fleeing, and resisting arrest.

AND CAPTURED!Stolen luxury yacht suspect has been removed from the vessel and taken into custody. Will update shortly. #WrongInlet

Posted by Martin County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, May 5, 2025

Paul Roland Bois directed the award-winning Christian tech thrillerEXEMPLUM, which has a 100% Rotten Tomatoes critic rating and can be viewed for FREE on YouTube, Tubi, or Fawesome TV. “Better than Killers of the Flower Moon,” wrote Mark Judge. “You haven’t seen a story like this before,” wrote Christian Toto. A high-quality, ad-free rental can also be streamed on Google PlayVimeo on Demand, or YouTube Movies. Follow him on X @prolandfilms or Instagram @prolandfilms.

Share and Follow
You May Also Like

Explosive Leak: AG Barr’s Daughter Allegedly Linked to Candace Owens Blackmail Scandal

Leaked text messages published by Project Veritas have sparked a fresh controversy…

Veteran Police Officer Dismissed After Inappropriate Comment to Female Colleague

A distinguished police officer with a stellar 20-year record has been dismissed…

Kash Patel Unveils Startling Revelations on Comey Case and Controversial ‘Burn Bags

A recent judicial decision has led to the dismissal of the…

CIA-Associated Zero Unit Operative Allegedly Accused in Fatal Incident Involving DC National Guard Member

A former CIA-backed Afghan commando accused of gunning down two West Virginia…

Massive Nationwide Operation Leads to Arrest of 250 Foreign Truck Drivers; DHS Highlights Cartel Exploitation as Significant Security Risk

In a major operation this November, federal and state law enforcement officials…

Oregon Governor Considers Probe into Immigration Law Enforcement Practices

Oregon Governor Tina Kotek (D) has issued a stern warning regarding the…

Identities of National Guard Soldiers Revealed After Washington DC Incident

Two National Guardsmen injured in a shocking attack in Washington D.C. on…

Unlock Exclusive Deals: Discover Our Special Black Friday Offer

The festive season is upon us, and with it comes the…