Tragic Loss: Rapper Lil Poppa Passes Away at 25

The hip-hop community is mourning the untimely death of rapper Lil Poppa, who has tragically passed away at the age of 25. This heartbreaking...
HomeUSTravis Decker Confirmed Deceased by US Marshals

Travis Decker Confirmed Deceased by US Marshals

Share and Follow

() The U.S. Marshals Service has declared Travis Decker dead after a months-long search.

Decker’s death was revealed in a motion to dismiss his arrest warrant in the U.S. District Court in Washington. Last week, investigators said they were working to formally identify remains they believed were Decker’s.

Search for Travis Decker

He had been accused of killing his three daughters Paityn, 9; Evelyn, 8; and Olivia Decker, 5 after their bodies were found in June. Decker picked the girls up for a court-mandated parental visit on May 30.

Decker had been reported missing after authorities said he never returned the girls to their mother Whitney, his ex-wife after the visit. The search included U.S. Marshal’s Special Operations Group, along with the U.S. Border Patrol’s Tactical Unit as well as local sheriff’s deputies.

During the manhunt, police said Decker was being sought on three counts of first-degree murder and first-degree kidnapping. The U.S. Marshals Service offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to Decker’s arrest.

Travis Decker lost overnight custody rights

In court documents, Decker said he had previously lost overnight custody of his daughters because he was homeless and would often sleep in his vehicle. He said he’d only ever taken the girls to safe, paid campsites.

“Every time I’ve had the girls, we have been in campsites and national forests and paid campsites that have campers. We’ve never done anything that was unsafe or anything I wouldn’t want to put myself in,” Decker, who was homeless, said in an audio recording last fall.

  • Paityn, Olivia and Evelyn Decker.
  • Paityn, Olivia and Evelyn Decker.
Share and Follow