Trump calls on Democratic attorney general nominee Jay Jones to drop out of race
Share and Follow


President Trump called on Democratic Virginia Attorney General nominee Jay Jones to drop out of his race over leaked text messages about former Republican state House Speaker Todd Gilbert (R). 

It has just come out that the Radical Left Lunatic, Jay Jones, who is running against Jason Miyares, the GREAT Attorney General in Virginia, made SICK and DEMENTED jokes, if they were jokes at all, which were not funny, and that he wrote down and sent around to people, concerning the murdering of a Republican Legislator, his wife, and their children,” Trump posted on Sunday. 

“Abigail Spanberger, who is running for Governor, is weak and ineffective, and refuses to acknowledge what this Lunatic has done. Even Democrats are saying it is “RESIGNATION FROM CAMPAIGN” TERRITORY,” the president continued. 

Trump went on to write that Jones should drop out of the race “immediately,” and gave his “complete and total endorsement” to incumbent Attorney General Jason Miyares. 

The ad comes as the revelation over the text messages rocks Virginia’s off-year elections. The messages were first reported by the National Review and the texts were later published by the Republican Attorneys General Association. 

“Three people, two bullets,” Jones said in a text to House Delegate Carrie Coyner (R) about former House Speaker Todd Gilbert (R ). 

“Gilbert, hitler, and pol pot.” Jones wrote. “Gilbert gets two bullets to the head.”

“Spoiler: put Gilbert in the crew with the two worst people you know and he receives both bullets every time,” Jones told Coyner. 

Coyner, in response, told Jones, who at the time did not hold an elected office, to stop. Jones apologized on Friday for the messages, stating he reached out to Gilbert and his family to express regret.

“I am so deeply, deeply sorry for what I said and I wish that it hadn’t happened and I would take it back if I could,” Jones told WRIC, which is owned by The Hill’s parent company Nexstar Media Group, on Friday. 

Spanberger rolled out a statement following the news of the text messaging, condemning the correspondence. 

“After learning of these comments earlier today, I spoke frankly with Jay about my disgust with what he said and texted,” Spanberger said. “I made clear to Jay that he must fully take responsibility for his words. What I have also made clear is that as a candidate–and as the next governor of the commonwealth, I will always condemn violent language in our politics.” 

The text messages come as Americans grapple with an uptick in political violence, particularly following the shooting death of conservative activist Charlie Kirk last month. 

Republicans across the country, including Vice President Vance, have called on Jones to suspend his bid. 

“The Democrat candidate for AG in Virginia has been fantasizing about murdering his political opponents in private messages,” Vance said in a post on X. “I’m sure the people hyperventilating about sombrero memes will join me in calling for this very deranged person to drop out of the race.” 

Share and Follow
You May Also Like

National Counterterrorism Chief Clarifies Vetting Process Amid Afghan Terrorist Concerns

The situation is becoming clearer regarding how an Afghan, once considered…

Bianca Wallace and Ioan Gruffudd Celebrate Birth of Daughter with Unique Keepsakes: Placenta Art and Gold-Plated Umbilical Cord

Bianca Wallace and Ioan Gruffudd have unveiled the cherished mementos they took…

US Army’s Covert Psychological Operations Unit Unveils Compelling Recruitment Video: ‘We Are Everywhere

An enigmatic recruitment video has been unveiled by a discreet unit within…

Non-Binary College Student Allegedly Assaults Elderly Man Amid Dispute Over Turning Point USA Chapter Approval

In Colorado, a college student is facing allegations of assaulting a senior…

Former Sports Illustrated Model Discusses Transition to Commercial Fishing and Career Shift Motivation

Kathy Ireland recently surprised her fans by revealing that she has swapped…

Trump’s Bold Immigration Plan: Halting Third World Migration and Reversing Biden’s Policies

In a bold move, President Donald Trump has announced a sweeping plan…

DC Guard Shooter Allegedly Tied to CIA-Supported Afghan ‘Zero Units

A suspected Afghan terrorist who killed National Guard troops Sarah Beckstrom and…

TPUSA-Affiliated Councilmember Faces Lawsuit Over Alleged Job-for-Sex and Kidnapping Scandal

A lawsuit filed in Maricopa County Superior Court accuses Avondale City Council…