Texas girl, 10, said bus bullies cut her hair - then the truth emerged
Share and Follow

A Texas girl shocked her city after claiming bullies had chopped off her hair as she slept on the school bus. 

But now it’s been revealed the ten-year-old actually cut off her own locks. 

Taylor Castillo stated that bullies at her San Antonio school had cut off a significant portion of her hair ‘in the middle and front,’ as shared in social media posts by her mother.

In a now-deleted TiKTok, Andie Rae Castillo said: ‘It’s gone [too f***ing] far now. This is beyond bullying. This is assault.

‘Kids are so cruel and mean. My child is the most kind-hearted kid. She is so nice and sweet to everyone, I can’t fathom why anyone would treat my sweet girl like this.’

A video shared by Andie on Facebook showed her fifth-grade daughter at a salon, getting a new haircut.

She captioned the post: ‘She ain’t letting no bullies stop her.

‘First thing tomorrow morning is raising hell at that school.’

Taylor Castillo, ten, claimed bullies at the Compass Rose Legacy school in San Antonio had cut off a large chunk of her hair

Taylor Castillo, ten, claimed bullies at the Compass Rose Legacy school in San Antonio had cut off a large chunk of her hair

The alleged incident happened as the elementary student slept on the school bus

The alleged incident happened as the elementary student slept on the school bus

Her mother Andie Rae Castillo took the story to TikTok and Facebook with a series of posts

Her mother Andie Rae Castillo took the story to TikTok and Facebook with a series of posts

Andie claimed that Taylor had been bullied for years at Compass Rose Legacy public charter school.

She added that ‘this bullying thing’ with Taylor was affecting ‘everything,’ alongside a crying face emoji.

Castillo was met with overwhelming support from her online community, with numerous comments on Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram showing support for her daughter.

Local outlets in south Texas picked up her anti-bullying pleas, forcing the school to issue a response.

Compass Rose Legacy said on Tuesday: ‘After carefully reviewing hours of bus footage and speaking directly with students and staff, we confirmed that false information had been shared.

‘The evidence clearly showed that there was no bullying or misconduct by others.’

The institution’s full statement said that a ‘thorough investigation’ had been launched ‘immediately’ following Castillo’s claims.

Her mother said Taylor had been bullied 'for years' at the San Antonio public charter school

Her mother said Taylor had been bullied ‘for years’ at the San Antonio public charter school

A video shared by Castillo on Facebook showed Taylor getting a new haircut at a salon

A video shared by Castillo on Facebook showed Taylor getting a new haircut at a salon

Castillo captioned the post: 'She ain't letting no bullies stop her. First thing tomorrow morning is raising hell at that school'

Castillo captioned the post: ‘She ain’t letting no bullies stop her. First thing tomorrow morning is raising hell at that school’

The school added that it would typically ‘handle an incident like this privately’ but was responding publicly since ‘some media outlets and social media posts shared incomplete and inaccurate information, which caused understandable concern within our community’.

In a follow-up TikTok video posted Tuesday, Andie addressed the school’s response after meeting with the principal and admitted bullies hadn’t ruined her daughter’s hairstyle. 

She said: ‘The school acknowledged, “We know she’s been being bullied for the last three years” but school policy is if it’s one person bullying one kid, that’s when they can address it as bullying.

‘If it’s multiple kids, which her bullying situation has been multiple kids, they don’t consider it bullying. 

‘I guess it’s just considered being picked on, and there’s nothing they can do about kids being picked on.’

Castillo said that she had noticed her daughter’s hair and asked her what happened.

The mother said her daughter responded: ‘I don’t know, I fell asleep on the bus. Someone cut it.’

The school said its evidence showed that there was no bullying or misconduct by others

The school said its evidence showed that there was no bullying or misconduct by others

The school suggested that 'false information had been shared'

The school suggested that ‘false information had been shared’

Her mother claimed that she had asked to meet with the school for 'almost the last three years'

Her mother claimed that she had asked to meet with the school for ‘almost the last three years’

Andie added that she had been asking for ‘almost the last three years’ to meet with school officials but had never gotten a response until taking her daughter’s bullying claims to social media.

She said: ‘I’m that mom when it comes to my kids.

‘Nobody f**ks with my kids. I’m always going to believe my daughter.’

In the follow-up TikTok, Andie claimed Taylor had said sorry to ‘everybody she needed to apologize to,’ including the principal of the school.

However, the principal allegedly requested a public apology, outraging the mother.

Andie said: ‘She knows she did wrong, but I am not going to have my ten-year-old do a public apology.

‘I’m doing the apology because I jumped the gun.’

That included the social media posts about her daughter’s story and, according to the TikTok, also going to a police station with the claims.

Andie claimed ‘many parents’ had reached out to her, saying ‘they had to withdraw their students from that school’ due to bullying.

She said: ‘If my daughter’s lie is what it takes to bring light to the bullying situation at the school and what’s not happening [there], I believe everything happens for a reason.

‘Maybe that was this reason because a lot of parents are coming forward and saying they had to remove their kids from that school because the bullying was so bad.’

The Daily Mail reached out to the Compass Rose Legacy school in San Antonio and Compass Rose Public Schools for comment.

Share and Follow
You May Also Like
Father of fallen National Guard member calls her death a 'horrible tragedy' in heartbreaking post

Heartbreaking Tribute: Father Mourns ‘Horrible Tragedy’ of Fallen National Guard Hero

In a poignant message shared on Facebook, Gary Beckstrom announced the tragic…
Sheriff slams law enforcement agencies for releasing illegal immigrant who allegedly hit Ohio nurse

Ohio Controversy: Sheriff Condemns Release of Alleged Immigrant Assailant in Nurse Hit-and-Run Case

In a recent development from Ohio, a local sheriff has vocally criticized…
Liberals blame Trump for 'terror attack' against National Guard

Liberals Hold Trump Accountable for Alleged ‘Terror Attack’ on National Guard

A former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz,…
ICE in Chicago: Federal agents engaged in widespread misrepresentations to justify use of force, Judge Ellis says

Chicago ICE Agents Accused of Misleading Tactics to Justify Force, Judge Ellis Reveals

CHICAGO (WLS) — In a revealing investigation, the ABC7 I-Team delves into…
Fugitive football coach Travis Turner 'left home with a firearm'

Breaking: Fugitive Football Coach Travis Turner on the Run with Firearm – Latest Updates Inside!

It has come to light that Travis Turner, a former high school…
A store

Post-Thanksgiving Travelers Brace for Increased Snow, Rain, and Cold Weather Conditions

Travelers planning to hit the road this Thanksgiving holiday weekend should brace…
US dramatically escalates Somalia airstrikes as Trump admin targets ISIS, al Qaeda terrorists

US Intensifies Airstrikes in Somalia, Targeting ISIS and al-Qaeda Amid Trump’s Counterterrorism Surge

JOHANNESBURG: The Trump administration has significantly ramped up U.S. airstrikes targeting jihadi…
Pei-Yun Chung: 'Dine-and-dash diva' accused of skipping out on bills at high-end Brooklyn, New York City restaurants

Pei-Yun Chung, Dubbed ‘Dine-and-Dash Diva,’ Allegedly Evades Payment at Upscale Brooklyn Restaurants

In New York City, an influencer, notorious for allegedly skipping out on…