Tragic Blast: Truck Explosion Engulfs Road in Deadly Gas Cloud Catastrophe

A tragic incident unfolded in South America when a gas tanker overturned, leading to a deadly explosion. In Santiago, Chile, a shocking video captured the...
HomeAUTragedy at Bondi Beach: 13 Still Hospitalized a Week After Devastating Massacre

Tragedy at Bondi Beach: 13 Still Hospitalized a Week After Devastating Massacre

Share and Follow

More than a week has passed since the tragic attack at Bondi Beach, and thirteen individuals are still hospitalized as they recover from their injuries.

In a poignant gesture of solidarity, the Sydney Opera House illuminated its sails to honor the victims on the final evening of Hanukkah. This act was part of a nationwide day of reflection.

The iconic structure displayed a single illustrated candle, symbolizing hope and remembrance. Meanwhile, at Bondi Beach, a touching vigil unfolded. Attendees observed a minute of silence at precisely 6:47 PM AEDT, marking the exact time when the attack began a week earlier.

The Opera House was once again lit up in support of victims last night, the final night of Hanukkah. (Getty)

According to NSW Health, as of 7:30 PM on Sunday, thirteen individuals remain in hospitals across Sydney. Among them, three are in critical yet stable condition.

  • One patient is in a stable condition at Prince of Wales Hospital.
  • One patient is in a critical but stable condition and one patient is in a stable condition at St George Hospital.
  • Three patients are in a critical but stable condition and one patient is stable at St Vincent’s Hospital.
  • Four patients are stable at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
  • Two patients are in a stable condition at Royal North Shore Hospital.

NSW Premier Chris Minns addressed the gathering at Bondi Beach, noting that the large turnout for the vigil demonstrated how the community had “reclaimed” the space in unity and resilience.

“My heart is heavy for the lives that were taken here,” he said.

NSW Premier Chris Minns said Bondi Beach had been “reclaimed” by the thousands who attended the vigil. (Getty)

“I want to say this clearly and sincerely: we are deeply sorry. With humility I acknowledge the government and its highest duty is to protect the citizens and we did not do that one week ago.

“That reality weighs on me heavily.

“We must accept that responsibility and use that to do everything and anything we possibly can to stop it from happening again.”

Share and Follow