HomeCrimeMan Accused of Shooting Two Officers Claims Trump Will Rescue Him from...

Man Accused of Shooting Two Officers Claims Trump Will Rescue Him from ‘Unconstitutional Insurrection

Share and Follow

Eric F. Oelkers (KOIN).

An Oregon man, Eric F. Oelkers, faced the court on Wednesday, accused of firing at two police officers during a confrontation on a sidewalk. Oelkers, 41, is charged with multiple offenses, including attempted aggravated murder, attempted assault, and unlawful weapon use.

On the evening of January 19, around 8:30 p.m., Portland police officers responded to a report of a weapon threat near Northeast 21st Avenue and Northeast Clackamas Street. Upon spotting the suspect, officers instructed him to place his hands on his head. Contrary to their commands, Oelkers allegedly fired at the officers, hitting two before fleeing the scene. As reported by The Oregonian, he reportedly drew the weapon from a tote bag, while witnesses noted he was carrying a black backpack and a green shopping bag.

The officers, who did not return fire, were quickly transported to the hospital by paramedics and have since been released. Following a weeklong search, authorities apprehended Oelkers on January 26.

During his arraignment on Wednesday, Oelkers did not hold back his words as he stood before the judge.

He was arraigned on the charges on Wednesday and was very vocal when he appeared before the judge.

“This entire process is an unconstitutional and illegal insurrection,” he said, according to a courtroom report from The Oregonian newspaper. “Trump knows it. Trump”s coming.”

As he was leaving the courtroom he reportedly yelled “have fun in hell.”

The suspect also railed against undocumented immigrants and Antifa in a hearing last month after his arrest and asked if his public defender was AI.

“You’re all in active rebellion against the United States of America,” he declared.

Per The Oregonian, Oelkers also had a hate crime warrant out for his arrest after he allegedly vandalized a Black-owned business in Salem in 2021. Jonathan Jones, the owner of Epilogue Kitchen and Cocktails, told Oregon Public Broadcasting that Oelkers was one of several vandals during that time. Jones said in an interview with the outlet Oelkers was among “a mob of people” from far-right groups that were protesting the 2020 election outside of his restaurant.

Oelkers remains at the Multnomah County Jail without bond.

Share and Follow