Teenager Seriously Injured in Northside Shooting Incident, Reports Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office reports that prior to the shooting incident, a group of unidentified individuals attempted to rob the victim. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A...
HomeAUControversial E-Bike Stunt on Harbour Bridge: YouTuber Breaks Silence on Safety Concerns

Controversial E-Bike Stunt on Harbour Bridge: YouTuber Breaks Silence on Safety Concerns

Share and Follow
Police received several calls on Tuesday after dozens of young e-bike riders, including some in school uniform and without a helmet, were filmed riding over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Los Angeles-based e-bike influencer Sur Ronster organised the event and has told Nine newspaper Sydney Morning Herald he did not intend to lead the riders through the city, saying some even followed him home after the meet-up.
Stage name Sur Ronster an American content creator in his twenties specialising in electric bikes at Observatory Hill near the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Ronster boasts more than 5 million online followers. (Fairfax Media)

“I’m not familiar with the city, and it was my fault… once I realized what was happening, my aim was to stop it,” the 26-year-old explained.

The influencer, who boasts over five million followers online, admitted to inadvertently heading towards the iconic location after getting lost. In a split-second decision, he chose to make a U-turn, describing the move as “very safe.”

“Luckily, there was a traffic jam at that moment, so our lane was completely halted, and the oncoming traffic was moving at a mere few kilometers per hour,” Ronster recounted to the Sydney Morning Herald.

Stage name Sur Ronster an American content creator in his twenties specialising in electric bikes at Observatory Hill near the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The content creator organised the rideout to meet-up with his followers. (Fairfax Media)

“I regret waking up to see how the situation was portrayed by many news outlets. I felt like I had let down the biking community and tarnished its reputation, which is the opposite of what I wanted as a visitor in a new city.”

Under current laws, it’s illegal to ride any bike, including e-bikes, on the main deck of the bridge and a cycleway is provided separately from the roadway.

“Not only was that behavior illegal, but it was also incredibly irresponsible, foolish, and downright dangerous,” remarked Assistant Commissioner David Driver earlier this week.

Commander Assistant Commissioner David Driver APM
Assistant Commissioner David Driver said the incident was “stupid”. (Nine)

“We don’t want to be knocking on your door and telling you your child has been killed in one of these stupid rideouts,” Driver said.

The Assistant Commissioner said that some of e-rideables had been modified to “effectively become motorbikes”, which makes them significantly more dangerous.

Police have said they have identified license plates, school uniforms and “very clear footage” which they will use to prosecute those who took part in the dangerous stunt.

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share and Follow