HomeCrimeTimothy Busfield Indicted: Shocking Child Sexual Abuse Charges Unveiled

Timothy Busfield Indicted: Shocking Child Sexual Abuse Charges Unveiled

Share and Follow

In a significant legal development, actor Timothy Busfield has been indicted by a New Mexico grand jury. The charges, announced on Friday, involve four counts of criminal sexual contact with a child under the age of 13.

The Bernalillo County District Attorney’s Office, confirming the indictment, is set to prosecute the case through its Special Victims Unit. Meanwhile, Busfield’s attorney has dismissed the charges as “fundamentally unsound,” according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.

The DA’s office emphasized its unwavering dedication to child protection and justice for victims across the state. “The Bernalillo County District Attorney’s Office remains committed to doing everything possible to protect children and ensure justice for victims across New Mexico,” it asserted in a statement.

Previous Video Coverage

Previous Video Coverage

As CrimeOnline previously reported, the alleged incidents reportedly happened to twin brothers on the set of “The Cleaning Lady,” between 2022 and 2024, a criminal complaint stated.

Busfield has denied the allegations.

One of the children told investigators that Busfield touched his “private areas” on numerous occasions when he was seven years old, and touched him inappropriately again, several times, when he turned eight, a warrant stated.

In October 2025, the children’s mother filed a police report. She told Child Protective Services (CPS) that the siblings “both disclosed that there was sexual abuse by Timothy from around November 2022 to Spring 2024,” according to the warrant.

A criminal complaint, however, indicated that during questioning with Albuquerque police in November, Busfield admitted that it was “highly likely” that he would have touched the children on that particular set, as it was a “playful environment.”

“As with all criminal proceedings, Mr. Busfield is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law,” Bernalillo County District Attorney Sam Bregman said in a statement, according to NBC News.

“This case will proceed through the judicial process and is expected to move forward to trial.”

[Feature Photo: Timothy Busfield/Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office]

Share and Follow