HomeAUSydney Gears Up for Historic Visit: Extensive Preparations Underway for Israeli President's...

Sydney Gears Up for Historic Visit: Extensive Preparations Underway for Israeli President’s Arrival

Share and Follow

During Israeli President Herzog’s three-day visit, a designated exclusion zone will be enforced, stretching from the Central Business District and Pyrmont to the eastern suburbs. Within this zone, police officers will have the authority to direct individuals to move on at their discretion.

Preparations for Isaac Herzog visit
A massive police operation has kicked off today in the city ahead of Herzog’s visit. (9News)

Approximately 3,500 officers will be mobilized throughout the city to ensure security and order during the high-profile visit.

Law enforcement officers will also possess the power to conduct stop-and-search procedures on individuals and vehicles without requiring a warrant.

Non-compliance with police instructions could lead to substantial penalties, including fines up to $5,500 or being barred from the event area.

It is anticipated that the president will be escorted around the city in a heavily secured motorcade.

Preparations for Isaac Herzog visit
In the exclusion zone, police will have the power to move someone along for any reason. (9News)

The proposed route of Monday’s pro-Palestine march falls within the exclusion zone.

The Palestine Action Group has said that up to 5000 people will march from Town Hall to State Parliament to oppose the visit Herzog, however, police have said the rally should be confined to Hyde Park.

NSW Premier Chris Minns on Saturday urged protesters to remain “calm and respectful”.

He also asked residents to avoid the CBD if they can and confirmed there would be a “massive” police presence.

Press conference to discuss Israeli President Isaac HerzogÕs upcoming visit to Sydney. NSW Premier Chris Minns speaks to reporters, flanked by Minister for Police and Counter-terrorism Yasmin Catley. The Domain, Sydney. February 7, 2026. Photo: Max Mason-Hubers.
NSW Premier Chris Minns yesterday urged protesters to remain “calm and respectful”. (Max Mason-Hubers)

“We can disagree without resorting to clashes or violence on Sydney streets,” Minns said.

“In fact, that would be devastating for everybody, regardless of your cause.”

Herzog will visit Australia at the invitation of Prime Minister Anthony Albanese in the wake of the Bondi terrorist attack.

He will arrive in Sydney on Sunday morning before travelling to Canberra and Melbourne.

Israel President Isaac Herzog will touch down in Sydney tomorrow. (AP Photo/Mindaugas Kulbis)
The president told the Sydney Morning Herald earlier this week he hoped his visit would be one of “goodwill”.

The purpose of the visit is to “express our bond, our connection, our love, our affection, our condolences”, he said.

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share and Follow