HomeUS15 Suspects Arrested for Alleged ISIS Propaganda Dissemination on TikTok

15 Suspects Arrested for Alleged ISIS Propaganda Dissemination on TikTok

Share and Follow

On Tuesday, authorities in Europe apprehended fifteen individuals accused of disseminating propaganda for the Islamic State via TikTok, according to reports.

The arrests, involving suspects aged between 16 and 53, were carried out during operations across the Netherlands, as reported by Reuters.

According to Dutch prosecutors cited by the news agency, the individuals were suspected of using TikTok to distribute ISIS propaganda and attempting to recruit others to engage in terrorist activities.

The investigation was reportedly triggered by a TikTok account that had been sharing substantial amounts of ISIS-related content with Dutch subtitles, prosecutors stated as noted in their report.

Masked ISIS fighter holds flag in desert

An Islamic State fighter, masked and holding the ISIS flag, is depicted in a 2015 photograph. (Pictures from History/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

Thirteen of those arrested were Syrian and four had Dutch nationality, suggesting that some of the suspects were dual nationals, Reuters reported. 

TikTok did not immediately respond Tuesday to a request for comment from Fox News Digital. 

The arrests come as the U.S. military remains active in Syria against ISIS.

Photo of someone holding their phone, accessing TikTok.

The suspects were accused of spreading ISIS propaganda over TikTok. (Fox News)

U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) announced last Wednesday that it carried out five strikes against “multiple” Islamic State targets in recent days as part of a joint military effort to “ensure the enduring defeat of the terrorist network.” 

CENTCOM said, from Jan. 27 to Feb. 2, its forces “located and destroyed an ISIS communication site, critical logistics node, and weapons storage facilities with 50 precision munitions delivered by fixed-wing, rotary-wing, and unmanned aircraft.”  

“Striking these targets demonstrates our continued focus and resolve for preventing an ISIS resurgence in Syria,” Adm. Brad Cooper, the commander of CENTCOM, said in a statement.

US weapons loaded on truck for Syria mission

U.S. airmen prepare to load GBU-31 munition systems onto F-15E Strike Eagles within the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility, on Dec. 19, 2025, in support of Operation Hawkeye Strike. (U.S. Air Force Photo/Reuters)

CENTCOM said it launched the Operation Hawkeye Strike mission in response to a Dec. 13, 2025, ISIS “ambush” attack against U.S. and Syrian forces in Palmyra, Syria.  

That attack left two U.S. service members and an American interpreter dead. 

Share and Follow