Ivorian President’s Niece Allegedly Linked to Epstein in Mediation Role

Recently uncovered emails suggest that Nina Keita, the glamorous niece of the Ivory Coast's President Alassane Ouattara, played a significant role in facilitating introductions...
HomeUSTragic Shooting at Hockey Venue: Suspect Robert Dorgan Identified as Gunman in...

Tragic Shooting at Hockey Venue: Suspect Robert Dorgan Identified as Gunman in Double Homicide

Share and Follow

Authorities have revealed that the shooter who targeted family members during a high school hockey game in Rhode Island also used a female alias.

Robert Dorgan, 56, who was also known as ‘Roberta Esposito,’ unleashed at least twelve rounds in the spectator area of the Dennis M Lynch Arena in Pawtucket on Monday afternoon. The incident resulted in two fatalities before Dorgan took his own life, according to Police Chief Tina Goncalves during a press briefing held Monday night.

The tragic event claimed the lives of two individuals, identified as a family member and a family friend, in what officials describe as a result of a ‘family dispute.’

Additionally, three more people were critically injured and are currently receiving treatment at a nearby hospital.

While the exact motives behind Dorgan’s actions remain unclear, court records accessed by WPRI indicate that Dorgan’s gender identity had been a point of conflict with his family.

The documents showed he even told police in early 2020 that he had recently undergone gender reassignment surgery – and said his father-in-law wanted him kicked out of their home because of it.

Dorgan claimed to officers with the North Providence Police Department that his father-in-law threatened to ‘have him murdered by an Asian street gang if he did not move out of the residence,’ according to court documents. 

Chief Goncalves said Dorgan entered the ice rink Monday afternoon to watch the ‘Senior Night’ hockey game, which a ‘relative’ had been playing in when he opened fire at around 2.30pm.

Robert Dorgan, 56, who also went by the name 'Roberta Esposito,' has been identified as the gunman who opened fire on family members at a high school hockey match on Monday

Robert Dorgan, 56, who also went by the name ‘Roberta Esposito,’ has been identified as the gunman who opened fire on family members at a high school hockey match on Monday

Hockey players were seen ducking down on the sidelines after an unidentified gunman opened fire at a high school game in Pawtucket, Rhode Island on Monday

Hockey players were seen ducking down on the sidelines after an unidentified gunman opened fire at a high school game in Pawtucket, Rhode Island on Monday

Footage from the scene appeared to show a man in a white beanie walking down the stands and opening fire into the crowd.

The sound of gunshots soon led others in the stands to turn their heads and flee the scene as the gunman kept firing. 

Livestream footage from the game also showed players starting to duck down on the sidelines after about six shots rang out at the rink.

Other players who were on the ice scrambled to reach the sidelines and get to safety. 

After a total of about a dozen shots were fired as spectators could be heard screaming and crying. 

Following the shooting, a woman told WCVB that her father was the shooter. 

‘He shot my family, and he’s dead now,’ the unidentified woman said, adding that he ‘has mental health issues.’ 

After about a dozen shots were fired, the hockey players were seen racing to the back of the Dennis M Lynch Arena

After about a dozen shots were fired, the hockey players were seen racing to the back of the Dennis M Lynch Arena

An unidentified woman was seen crying following the deadly shooting

An unidentified woman was seen crying following the deadly shooting

Robert Dorgan, 56, opened fire in the stands at the Dennis M Lynch Arena in Pawtucket on Monday afternoon. Police are pictured at the scene

Robert Dorgan, 56, opened fire in the stands at the Dennis M Lynch Arena in Pawtucket on Monday afternoon. Police are pictured at the scene

A source with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives explained to Fox News that the gunman shot and killed his wife and opened fire on his children before turning the gun on himself.

Dorgan, who told police he had been living at the home for seven years, also claimed his father-in-law told him ‘there’s no goddam [sic] way a tranny is going to stay in my house.’ 

The father-in-law was then charged with intimidation of witnesses and victims of crimes, and obstruction of the judicial system, but prosecutors later dismissed the charges.

Dorgan had also accused his mother of assaulting him and acting in a ‘violent, threatening or tumultuous manner,’ and his mother was charged with simple assault and battery and disorderly conduct.

The case apparently caused further contention between Dorgan and his father-in-law, with Dorgan telling police his father-in-law ‘told me that if I did not drop the assault charges against my mother, that further retaliation could be expected, and that was another reason to have me killed.’ 

Witnesses were seen standing outside a police perimeter following the fatal shooting

Witnesses were seen standing outside a police perimeter following the fatal shooting 

High school hockey fans are pictured reacting following the fatal shooting

High school hockey fans are pictured reacting following the fatal shooting

Join the debate

Are politicians failing to protect America¿s children?

The case against Dorgan’s mother was also eventually dismissed. 

As Dorgan was making these claims, his then-wife, Rhonda, filed for divorce, court records show.

She is now believed to be one of the victims of the shooting, WPRI reports.

In the court filings, Rhonda initially wrote she was seeking a divorce on the grounds of ‘gender reassignment surgery, narcissistic + personality disorder traits,’ but those reasons were later crossed out and replaced with ‘irreconcilable differences, which have caused the immediate breakdown of the marriage.’

Their divorce was finalized in June 2021.  

Authorities arrived on the scene within a minute and a half, Goncalves said, and have spoken to more than 100 witnesses as the investigation into the fatal shooting continues. 

They are now asking for anyone with any additional footage from the hockey match to come forward and share what they saw as a co-op team made up of Coventry and Johnston kids took on another co-op team from St. Raphael, PCD, North Providence, and North Smithfield schools. 

Two people were killed in the tragedy, which authorities said stemmed from a 'family dispute'

Two people were killed in the tragedy, which authorities said stemmed from a ‘family dispute’

‘We’re looking at all avenues,’ Goncalves said, adding: ‘It’s going to be a very busy 24 to 48 hours.’ 

The tournament started at 2pm, and shots were fired just about half an hour later.

‘What should have been a joyful occasion, with dozens of families, students and supporters gathered to celebrate Senior Night… was instead marked by violence and fear,’ Pawtucket Mayor Don Grebien said.

‘Our prayers go out to the victims, their families and everyone impacted by this devastating incident.

‘Pawtucket is a strong and resilient community, but tonight we are a city in mourning,’ he continued. ‘We will stand together in support of those affected in the difficult days ahead and we will keep the public updated as confirmed facts become available.’ 

Fortunately, none of the hockey players on the ice were harmed in the shooting, which set off a chaotic scene on the ice, Coventry player Olin Lawrence said.

‘I was on the ice and I thought it was balloons at first – it was like “bop, bop,” and I thought it was balloons, but this kept going – and it was actually gunshots,’ he recounted.

One hockey player described how he and his teammates barricaded themselves in the locker room following the shooting

One hockey player described how he and his teammates barricaded themselves in the locker room following the shooting

‘And after the gunshots, me and my teammates ran right to the locker room and we just bunkered up and we pressed against the door and we tried to stay safe down there.

‘But it was very scary, we were very nervous.’ 

It was not a school day due to President’s Day, a federal holiday.

Tragic photos of the scene showed parents holding on tightly to their children as they evacuated to the parking lot on Monday afternoon.

Footage also showed parents with their hands on their heads and children – some still wearing their hockey uniforms – crying.

A large yellow school bus was also seen parked outside the arena, along with multiple police officers who roped off the crime scene.

Multiple ambulances were also seen arriving then quickly fleeing to nearby hospitals and one victim was seen being taken out of the arena on a stretcher. 

After shots rang out at the indoor hockey rink, terrified children also ran into a nearby Walgreens pharmacy, screaming, an employee told WPRI.

A father is seen hugging his son outside of the Lynch Arena following the deadly shooting

A father is seen hugging his son outside of the Lynch Arena following the deadly shooting

Parents and teenagers were seen walking to an evacuation bus following the shooting

Parents and teenagers were seen walking to an evacuation bus following the shooting

Police and ATF agents are seen investigating the deadly shooting on Monday

Police and ATF agents are seen investigating the deadly shooting on Monday

FBI Boston said the agency is aware of the deadly shooting and have ‘responded to the scene.’ 

‘We stand ready to assist our partners at the Pawtucket Police Department and @RIStatePolice with any and all resources they need.

‘At this time, there is no imminent threat to public safety and there has been no request for FBI assistance. However, the public should continue to avoid the area,’ the FBI added.

Rhode Island Governor Dan McKee also released a statement saying he is ‘praying for Rhode Island.’

‘Our state is grieving again,’ he said of the tragedy, which comes just months after Cláudio Manuel Neves Valente shot 11 people at Brown University, also in Rhode Island.

‘As governor, a parent and a former coach, my heart breaks for the victims, families, students and everyone impacted by the devastating shooting at Lynch Arena in Pawtucket.’

The governor then went on to thank first responders and urged anyone who needed support to call 988.

‘Agencies across my administration are working together to provide additional mental health resources to students and families this week,’ McKee said.

If you or someone you know needs help, please call or text the confidential 24/7 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline in the US on 988. There is also an online chat available at 988lifeline.org. 

Share and Follow