Lawmaker Warns Trump to Brace for Epstein Revelations

Donald Trump is under intense scrutiny from lawmakers regarding the handling of the Jeffrey Epstein case, following the arrest of former Prince Andrew by...
HomeAUTrump's Ultimatum: Iran Negotiation Deadline Looms Amid Escalating Military Tensions

Trump’s Ultimatum: Iran Negotiation Deadline Looms Amid Escalating Military Tensions

Share and Follow

President Donald Trump announced that the world should expect to find out in the next 10 days whether ongoing negotiations between the United States and Iran will result in a peaceful agreement or escalate into military action.

Trump made this statement during the first meeting of his Board of Peace in Washington, D.C., where members committed $7 billion in aid to assist the war-ravaged region of Gaza.

He indicated that securing a deal with Iran concerning its nuclear program requires further effort, suggesting that the situation might escalate if necessary steps are not taken.

President Donald Trump says the world will learn over the next 10 days the outcome of US talks with Iran. (AP)

As U.S. and Iranian officials engage in discussions in Switzerland, the Pentagon continues to strengthen its military presence in the area.

Trump remarked that American negotiators have had “some very good meetings” with their Iranian counterparts, indicating progress in the talks.

“It’s proven to be, over the years, not easy to make a meaningful deal with Iran,” he said. “Otherwise bad things happen.”

The US military has sent a large naval force, including the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, to the Strait of Hormuz off the Iranian coast.

US fighter jets and bombers have also been moved to air bases in the Middle East.

The aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln is part of a powerful US military force off Iran. (CNN)

In a briefing earlier this week, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said there are “many reasons and arguments” for a potential US strike against Iran, warning that the country’s government would be “wise to make a deal”.

But some politicians, including Republicans, have warned against a military strike, and will attempt to hold a vote in Congress next week, citing the 1973 War Powers Act.

On Thursday, Trump announced US$7 billion in pledged aid from Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan and Kuwait. Trump said the US was pledging US$10 billion for the board, a sizable amount that would need to be authorised by Congress.

The latest joint estimate by the UN, European Union and World Bank says reconstruction will cost about US$70 billion.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said there will be no reconstruction until Hamas disarms, leaving Palestinians in limbo among the widespread devastation.

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share and Follow