Chronology of Events Leading to the Arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Thames Valley Police announced the arrest of a man in his 60s in Norfolk on Thursday, identified by British media as former Prince Andrew. Andrew,...
HomeAUAndrew Mountbatten-Windsor Taken into Custody

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Taken into Custody

Share and Follow

Virginia Giuffre’s family, whose claims included being flown to the UK by Epstein to engage with Mountbatten-Windsor when she was 17, has expressed gratitude towards the police in a brief statement.

Authorities have clarified that the ex-prince’s detention is related to “suspicion of misconduct in public office,” rather than direct involvement with Epstein.

Giuffre’s family responded, saying, “Finally.”

They added, “Today, our spirits are lifted with the affirmation that no one, not even royalty, is beyond the reach of justice.”

Thames Valley Police, responsible for announcing the arrest, had previously indicated they were “evaluating” allegations that the former Prince Andrew had sent trade documents to Epstein.

Other police forces were looking into separate allegations Epstein’s private jet may have been used in sex trafficking.

Andrew has strenuously denied all wrongdoing.

He agreed to settle a lawsuit filed by Giuffre in 2022.

Giuffre died by suicide at her Western Australia home last year.

Sky and Amanda Roberts and Danny and Lanette Wilson said Mountbatten-Windor “was never a prince”.

“For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you,” they said.

Share and Follow