Share and Follow


Nationals MP Barnaby Joyce has denied accusations he abused a female staff member inside Parliament House ahead of an investigation into the incident.
Joyce allegedly launched a verbal tirade against a Nationals staffer on Wednesday while he attempted to log a leave request to attend a funeral on Thursday.
Shortly before Question Time, it is understood that the former deputy prime minister went into MP Michelle Landry’s office to fill out the necessary paperwork.
The New England MP allegedly raised his voice at a female Nationals staffer, cursing and entering her physical space, according to a Sky News report.
Joyce, who recently quit the National Party but intends to serve out his term, contests the allegations.

In a recent statement to SBS News, the individual in question firmly rejected the accusations, stating, “I deny the allegations and respect the PWSS process which is now underway.”

The incident has been formally lodged with the Parliamentary Workplace Support Service (PWSS).
Nationals senator Bridget McKenzie said it was “inappropriate” for her to comment on the alleged incident.
“There’s been a lot of changes in my time here,” she said.
“I started in 2011, and it is an incredibly different workplace than when I arrived, and so PWSS has been stood up for those reasons.”

The Parliamentary Workplace Support Service (PWSS) holds all Members of Parliament and senators to high standards, expecting them to interact with staff in a manner that upholds dignity, courtesy, fairness, and respect.

Breaches of conduct are referred to the Independent Parliamentary Standards Commission (IPSC), an arm of the PWSS, which has the power to impose sanctions against parliamentarians.
These include a written reprimand, a decision to undertake training or a behaviour agreement with the IPSC.

If a parliamentarian is found to have significantly violated this code of conduct, they may face suspension for a specific duration or incur a financial penalty, which could involve a reduction in their salary.

Joyce’s future with the Nationals uncertain

Earlier this month, Joyce said he was leaving the Nationals, announcing he would not stand for his lower house seat at the next election.
Joyce, who was demoted from the party’s front bench by leader David Littleproud earlier this year, cited fractured relationships with party leadership.
There is speculation that he may join One Nation on a Senate ticket, an option he has not ruled out.
While he remains part of the National Party, he refuses to attend party room briefings.

Share and Follow
You May Also Like

El Jannah’s Journey: From Family-Run Chicken Spot to International Phenomenon

Beloved restaurant chain El Jannah began modestly in 1998, when Lebanese immigrants…
Anthony Albanese marries Jodie Haydon in private ceremony at The Lodge

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese Weds Jodie Haydon in Intimate Ceremony at The Lodge

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has married long-time partner Jodie Haydon in an…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Escalating Tensions: What It Means for Global Politics

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…
ACT Policing is urging the mother of the newborn baby to seek medical attention.

Heroic Canberra Firefighters Rescue Abandoned Newborn at Station: Heartwarming Story of Quick Action

Police are looking for dashcam footage after a a newborn baby was…
Cricket star goes viral for hilarious celebrations after FINALLY scoring a maiden first class century

Cricket Star Gains Online Fame for Amusing Celebrations Following First-Class Century Achievement

<!– <!– <!– <!– New Zealand’s Ish Sodhi, traditionally known for his…

Australia Poised to Unlock Billions from Untapped Export Opportunities

When Eleanor Gray borrowed a Hello Kitty DVD from her local library…

Breaking News: Critical Insights on the Airbus A320 Recall You Can’t Miss

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Major Industrial Fire in Sydney’s West Expected to Persist for Several Days

In a concerted effort, approximately 200 firefighters have been dispatched to combat…