Royal Revelations: King Charles’ Next Move with Prince Andrew Unveiled

He has thrust the monarchy into its most significant turmoil in decades, arguably the most challenging since the 1936 abdication crisis. His actions have...
HomeAUDonald Trump Unveils Special Visa Program for World Cup Ticket Holders Visiting...

Donald Trump Unveils Special Visa Program for World Cup Ticket Holders Visiting the US

Share and Follow
United States President Donald Trump unveiled special fast-track visas for people with tickets to the 2026 FIFA World Cup — but his administration warned it was no guarantee of entry to the US.
Trump said on Tuesday that the US would set up a scheduling system for visa-interview appointments that prioritises foreign fans attending World Cup matches.
Football’s premier tournament will take place from 11 June to 19 July next year, with Mexico and Canada also hosting matches.
The US has promised a seamless experience at the tournament despite concerns that Trump’s border crackdown could hurt fans.

In the Oval Office, former President Donald Trump assured reporters that U.S. government agencies had diligently worked to streamline the vetting process for international soccer fans planning to visit for the World Cup next summer.

Donald Trump sitting in his chair in the Oval Office, flanked by a woman in a brown blazer, and three men in navy blazers.

Trump emphasized that his administration had significantly reduced visa processing times for most nations. He noted that this effort would allow soccer enthusiasts to access the United States more easily. According to Trump, the World Cup could potentially inject US$30 billion into the economy and create 200,000 jobs.

Trump proudly announced that visa wait times had been reduced to 60 days or less for most applicants, a move aimed at enhancing the experience for World Cup attendees.

FIFA President Gianni Infantino added a key detail, stating, “If you have a ticket for the World Cup, you will receive a prioritized appointment to secure your visa.”

US secretary of state Marco Rubio said the US state department had added 400 consular officers to process visas, doubling the presence in certain countries.
But he also tempered expectations at the announcement, warning those hoping to come for the tournament that their ticket is “not a visa”.

“It doesn’t guarantee admission to the US. It guarantees you an expedited appointment. You’re still going to go through the same vetting.”

A man with short black hair, wearing a navy blazer.

Marco Rubio warned a World Cup ticket “doesn’t guarantee admission” to the Untied States. Source: AAP / Sipa USA / Will Oliver

Rubio said ticket holders would get an interview within six to eight weeks under the plan, but urged people to act now.

Fans from 212 countries have bought more than one million tickets for the tournament so far, FIFA has said.
But the giant sporting extravaganza has not escaped the political turmoil caused by Trump’s hardline stance on a host of issues.

Trump has raised the possibility of moving games from certain host cities amid a crackdown on what he says is crime and migration in some Democratic-run cities.

The World Cup draw is due to take place in Washington on 5 December.
FIFA will present a new peace prize on the same day, with widespread speculation that it could go to Trump.
In a statement, FIFA said ticket holders would receive more information about the priority visa appointment system in early 2026.

Share and Follow