Simone Biles’ Husband Shares Experience of Escaping Robbery Attempt in Milan

Jonathan Owens, husband to renowned gymnast Simone Biles, recently shared his experience of a thwarted robbery attempt while in Milan for the 2026 Winter...
HomeAUIntensified NSW Manhunt: Police Widen Search for Armed Suspect on the Run

Intensified NSW Manhunt: Police Widen Search for Armed Suspect on the Run

Share and Follow

Warning: This article includes the name and image of a deceased Indigenous person.

Police are expanding their search for the man accused of shooting three people dead, including his pregnant ex-partner, in NSW‘s central west as the manhunt enters its third day.

Authorities have confirmed that two locations in a nearby village have been searched, yet the suspect, Julian Ingram, has not been apprehended.

“At this point, our search area is widening, and we are looking at other locations in the broader districts from information supplied to police,” Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland told media.
Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland told media.
Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland speaking to media. (Nine)
Julian Ingram, 37, also known as Julian Pierpoint, is wanted on an outstanding warrant for alleged murder in Lake Cargelligo on Thursday.

According to Holland, the last confirmed sighting of Ingram—considered by police to be “armed and dangerous”—occurred on a road near Lake Cargelligo on the day of the alleged crime.

Although the town is not officially under lockdown, Holland emphasized that residents should remain extremely cautious. Meanwhile, approximately 100 officers continue their extensive search of the area.

“People should remain aware that the suspect is still at large,” Holland noted.

Julian Ingram, also known as Pierpoint, is wanted for murder after three people were shot dead at Lake Cargelligo, NSW. (NSW Police)

“He is still armed, we believe, and there is a possibility they could come across him.”

Holland also said they are investigating whether somebody within the community could be assisting the alleged shooter.

“Ingram has worked in the area for a long time,” he said.

“He is known to a lot of people in the area, and he’s well known among the community.

“He obviously could be accessing the people, and we’re obviously making contact with known associates, trying to cut down those possibilities.”

Holland added that the locals have been “fantastic” in their assistance with ongoing police investigations.

The black suzuki swift car with blown out rear window where a woman and a man were shot on Bokhara Street in Lake Cargelligo.
The car where a woman and a man were shot on Bokhara Street in Lake Cargelligo. (Sydney Morning Herald)
NSW police tactical operations unit officers in Lake Cargelligo taking part in the search for a Julian Ingram who is accused of shooting dead three people and wounding one other yesterday. Police are still searching for the gunman and have asked residents to stay indoors. Lake Cargelligo, NSW. January 23, 2026. Photo: Kate Geraghty
NSW police tactical operations unit officers in Lake Cargelligo taking part in the search for a Julian Ingram. (Kate Geraghty)

“We’ve got multiple lines of inquiry coming through.”

Investigations began on Thursday after emergency services were called to Bokhara Street in Lake Cargelligo at about 4.30pm.

Police found a 25-year-old woman and a 32-year-old man in a vehicle, both with gunshot wounds.

They were both treated but died at the scene.

They have since been named as Sophie Quinn, Ingram’s ex-partner, and her friend John Harris.

Quinn was heavily pregnant and was due to give birth in March.

Lake Cargelligo shootings
Sophie Quinn was due to give birth in March. (Supplied)
Lake Cargelligo shootings
John Harris was shot dead alongside Sophie Quinn. (Supplied)

Quinn and Ingram separated last year, the family has told 9News.

Shortly after, police responded to a second shooting at Walker Street in the same town.

A 50-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man had been shot in the driveway of a home.

The woman, who has been named as Sophie’s aunt, Nerida Quinn, died at the scene, while the man was taken to Canberra Hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Flowers at the scene where Sophie Quinn and John Harris were shot dead by the accused Julian Ingram on Bokhara Street.
Flowers at the scene where Sophie Quinn and John Harris were shot dead. (Fairfax Media)

9news.com.au has chosen not to identify the 19-year-old man.

Anybody who sees Ingram is urged not to approach and contact Triple Zero immediately.

Anybody with information in relation to his whereabouts is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online.

Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).

Share and Follow