Authorities Charge 75-Year-Old with Unrelated Firearms Offenses Amid Search for Gus Lamont

Authorities investigating the case of missing four-year-old Gus Lamont have pressed firearms charges against his 75-year-old grandmother, Josie Murray. However, they clarified that these...
HomeAUIntensive Dam Search Underway: Renewed Efforts to Locate Missing Boy Gus

Intensive Dam Search Underway: Renewed Efforts to Locate Missing Boy Gus

Share and Follow
Police today will drain a large dam on the remote SA homestead where four-year-old Gus Lamont went missing.

Gus disappeared while playing near Oak Park Station, roughly 40 kilometers south of Yunta, on September 27.

Despite extensive aerial and ground searches over the past month, he remains missing.

Missing four-year-old Gus
Missing four-year-old Gus was last seen on September 27. (South Australia Police)

Today, search teams will undertake the task of draining a large dam, 4.5 meters deep, situated approximately 600 meters from the family home.

Earlier in the search efforts, divers had already examined this dam.

Authorities explained that by draining the water, they will be able to conduct a thorough visual inspection.

The search for Gus will resume following exhaustive ground and air searches around the homestead where he disappeared.

Task Force Horizon investigators used a drone to assess the remote terrain, however, it has not uncovered any evidence.

Oak Park Station missing boy Gus Lamont
Searchers will tomorrow drain a large 4.5-metre deep dam located about 600 metres from Oak Park Station. (9News)

More aerial imaging extending 10 kilometres from the property is still under way.

Taskforce Horizon consists of 12 specialists who are analysing information and suggesting different areas to search.

Police paused their most recent ground search for Gus on October 17.

No trace of Gus was found during this latest search as hot weather hampered efforts.

It followed an initial 10-day search which involved police, military personnel, SES volunteers, trackers and neighbours.

Police search for missing four-year-old Gus in outback SA
Taskforce Horizon consists of 12 specialists who are analysing information and suggesting different areas to search. (9News)

Police said investigations have not uncovered any evidence of foul play.

Gus’ family continues to cooperate fully with investigators.

SA Police Commissioner Grant Stevens previously said no stone would be left unturned in the search for Gus.

“We are dedicated to making sure we do everything we possibly can to bring Gus back to his family,” Stevens said.

Share and Follow