HomeAUPolice Crackdown: Inside the Daring Operation to Rescue Sydney Grandfather from Alleged...

Police Crackdown: Inside the Daring Operation to Rescue Sydney Grandfather from Alleged Kidnapper’s Lair

Share and Follow
Police have raided a property in north-west Sydney they believe is a “makeshift stronghold” that was used by the kidnappers of Chris Baghsarian, but the Sydney grandfather is still missing.
A week after the 85-year-old was taken in an apparent case of mistaken identity, NSW Police said they had “located a crime scene in Dural“.

Authorities from the NSW Police carried out a search warrant at a residence on Wildthorn Avenue around 7 p.m. yesterday, as confirmed by police officials.

Chris Baghsarian. (NSW Police)

As of now, there has been no information released indicating that Baghsarian has been located or that any arrests have been made in connection with the case.

The police are scheduled to provide an update to the media at 10 a.m. today.

Detectives from the Robbery and Serious Crime Squad have been actively investigating the crime scene in Dural.

Baghsarian was reportedly abducted from his North Ryde home shortly after 5 a.m. on Friday, February 13.

“Early inquiries established that Chris Baghsarian was not the intended target of the kidnapping and had been taken in a case of mistaken identity,” police said.

Baghsarian’s family have pleaded for the elderly grandfather to be released by his captors and police have set up Strike Force Chobat.

“As police continue their intensive investigation to locate Mr Baghsarian and to identify and arrest those responsible for his kidnapping, they are appealing for further public assistance,” NSW Police said.

“Anyone who may have seen or heard anything relating to the kidnapping or witnessed any sort of suspicious activity in the Dural area since last Friday is urged to contact detectives.”

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share and Follow