HomeAUPolice Discover Second Note Following Tragic Double Murder-Suicide Investigation

Police Discover Second Note Following Tragic Double Murder-Suicide Investigation

Share and Follow

Leon, aged 16, and Otis, 14, were discovered lifeless in their Mosman Park residence last Friday. The discovery was made after a family acquaintance raised alarm over their well-being.

Authorities also found the boys’ parents, Mai, 49, and Jarrod Clune, 50, at separate locations within the home. A note was reportedly left at the scene, according to the police.

Leo, 16, and Otis, 14, were found at the family’s Mosman Park home (Nine)

The grim discovery unfolded when a caregiver arrived for a scheduled visit on Friday morning. Upon arrival, the caregiver encountered a note on the door advising against entry and instructing them to contact law enforcement instead.

Inside the house, another note surfaced, offering further insights, including specific directions about the distribution of their financial assets.

Family friends disclosed that the children’s support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) had recently suffered cuts.

Both boys lived with severe autism, one was non-verbal, and friends claim the couple were at breaking point.

The couple cared for their children full-time, with limited support.

Their parents, mother Mai, 49, and father Jarrod Clune, 50, were also found in different parts of the property. (Nine)

Friends say they were desperate for help.

“The very people the NDIS was created for are the very ones who can’t get the services they so desperately need,” the friends said in a statement.

“The constant battle for services to help with their very high support needs boys was exhausting, never-ending and filled with rejection.”

“When the family looked for help, they were always rejected and told their boys were too difficult.”

9News understands it was a joint decision by both parents.

Police are still investigating the circumstances of the family’s deaths.

Two parents and two children have been found dead in a Perth home.
Friends say the couple’s NDIS funding had been cut. (9News Perth)

Disability advocates are now calling for greater support for families with disabilities.

“A huge number of people who have had NDIS funds cut, especially over the last six months,” disability advocate Samantha Connor told 9News.

“I’d love to see more peer support, I’d like to see the brakes put on for the changes to the NDIS at the moment.”

Premier Roger Cook described the deaths as a “double tragedy”.

“That the lives of two innocent children have been taken is heartbreaking,” he said.

Share and Follow