Simone Biles’ Husband Shares Experience of Escaping Robbery Attempt in Milan

Jonathan Owens, husband to renowned gymnast Simone Biles, recently shared his experience of a thwarted robbery attempt while in Milan for the 2026 Winter...
HomeAUShocking Arrest: Suspect Charged in Tragic Murder of Beloved Adelaide Father-of-Two

Shocking Arrest: Suspect Charged in Tragic Murder of Beloved Adelaide Father-of-Two

Share and Follow

Chris Robertson was last seen alive on September 27, celebrating the AFL grand final with friends. Tragically, his life ended abruptly just days later, as his body was discovered on September 30 at a warehouse in the industrial area of Lonsdale.

An extensive forensic investigation determined that the 49-year-old had suffered a fatal assault.

Chris Robertson has been identified as the 49-year-old found dead at a workshop on O'Sullivan's Beach Road in Lonsdale, an industrial suburb in Adelaide, yesterday.
Chris Robertson has been identified as the 49-year-old found dead at a workshop on O’Sullivan’s Beach Road in Lonsdale, an industrial suburb in Adelaide, yesterday. (SA Police)

This morning, authorities apprehended a 30-year-old individual from Happy Valley in connection with Robertson’s murder.

The suspect has been denied bail by the police and is scheduled to appear before the Adelaide Magistrates Court at a future date.

Detective Acting Superintendent Andrew Macrae commented on the arrest, noting it as a positive development for Robertson’s family. However, he emphasized that the investigation is still open, and they have not ruled out the involvement of additional suspects.

“We will continue to investigate the circumstances of Chris’ death and anyone else who may be involved. We are also investigating the actions of anyone who may have assisted those responsible for the murder,” he said.

The grey Mitsubishi Triton utility XTF976 was seen at a Lonsdale home on Sunday, September 28 the day after Chris Robertson was last seen alive while he celebrated with friends.
The grey Mitsubishi Triton utility XTF976. (SA Police)

The arrest comes after a breakthrough last month and public appeals for information.

The car is suspected of being used to transport him to the location, where he was beaten to death. 

The registered owner was not a suspect in the murder, as detectives said someone else was driving it.

The investigation remains ongoing, and anyone with information is urged to contact the police. 

Share and Follow