Trump Considers Key Strategy for Potential Iran Strikes

Reports suggest that Donald Trump has been presented with several military strategies concerning Iran, with potential actions possibly commencing within days. The Wall Street Journal...
HomeAUSydney Barber Refutes Allegations of Six-Hour Assault on Teen in Vehicle

Sydney Barber Refutes Allegations of Six-Hour Assault on Teen in Vehicle

Share and Follow

Warning: This article contains content that may be distressing to some readers.

An employee at a barber shop is set to contest allegations of sexually assaulting a teenage girl, reportedly alongside three other individuals, in what authorities describe as a prolonged gang rape incident.

Adam Abdul-Hamid is one of four youths accused of being involved in the six-hour-long sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl in south-west Sydney on December 15, 2024.
Police allege the 19-year-old failed to intervene as the only adult present and instead sent himself a text message from the complainant’s phone.
Adam Abdul-Hamid, 19,
Adam Abdul-Hamid, pleaded not guilty to two charges against him. (Supplied)

According to a police report, Abdul-Hamid was allegedly asked, “Do you want to have a turn?” during the incident.

He is said to have responded, “No, I’m alright,” the document states.

Abdul-Hamid faces five charges of aggravated sexual assault in company, with two of these charges specifically involving the use of a hairbrush.

Abdul-Hamid kept a blank expression as he pleaded not guilty to two of the charges against him in Campbelltown Local Court today.

“Not guilty, Your Honour,” he told magistrate Peter Thompson, paving the way for a trial in late 2026 or early 2027.

The remaining three charges were subsequently withdrawn by the prosecution.

The 19-year-old will face the NSW District Court in February to be arraigned before a trial date can be set.

He refused to consent to a long-term apprehended violence order which would require him not to attempt locating the teenage complainant.

An interim order will remain in place until the matter returns to court next year.

Police allege the girl was initially approached by a 16-year-old boy she didn’t know at a shopping centre in Liverpool on a Sunday evening.

Adam Abdul-Hamid covered much of his face with a black mask and sunglasses.
Adam Abdul-Hamid leaving court earlier this year. (Steven Markham/AAP PHOTOS)

The boy allegedly asked to be driven to a park at a nearby suburb and the victim agreed on the understanding he would get out of the car.

At the park, two other males got into the car and allegedly also sexually assaulted her.

A fourth male arrived in another car and the assaults continued as the girl was driven around for six hours, police allege.

The 16-year-old alleged instigator of the gang rape has been charged with 19 sexual assault offences and five sexual touching offences.

He remains before the courts.

Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).
Share and Follow