Kansas Enacts Groundbreaking Legislation Restricting Recognition of Transgender Identities on Official Documents

Kansas is preparing to nullify approximately 1,700 driver's licenses and an equivalent number of birth certificates belonging to transgender individuals. This unprecedented move, effective...
HomeAUTrump Teases Bold Military Move: What Could Be Next on His Strategic...

Trump Teases Bold Military Move: What Could Be Next on His Strategic Agenda?

Share and Follow
The US is moving hundreds of personnel out of its military bases in the Middle East, as President Donald Trump threatens “strong action” against Iran – which some officials believe could come as soon as the next 24 hours.

Tehran’s intense crackdown on widespread protests persists, with reports indicating that executions may take place today.

The nation currently endures an official internet blackout, although there are indications that Starlink might be offering free internet access to residents.

A crowd watches as the caskets of members of Iran’s security forces, whom authorities said were killed during recent nationwide protests, are transported during a mass funeral. (Getty)

Estimates suggest that the protests have resulted in at least 2,400 fatalities, with as many as 20,000 individuals detained by authorities.

Former President Donald Trump has taken to Truth Social to express support for the demonstrators, promising that assistance is “on the way” and encouraging them to continue their presence in the streets.

Despite Trump’s vocal threats, including comments about possible public executions, the U.S. government has not taken any direct action regarding the situation in Iran.

US President Donald Trump has threatened “very strong action”. (AP)

“If they hang them, you’re going to see some things that are – I don’t know what you’re where you come from and what your thought process is – but you’ll perhaps be very happy,” he told reporters.

“We will take very strong action.”

Meanwhile, the US has moved personnel out of military bases in the Middle East, including its largest in Qatar, leading to speculation plans for an operation could be underway.

A US official told CNN personnel had been advised to leave the Qatar base as a “precaution”.

An anti-regime protest in Berlin, Germany. (AP)

Two European officials have told Reuters US intervention in Iran could come in the next 24 hours, while an Israeli official also said Trump appears to have decided to take military action.

“All the signals are that a US attack is imminent, but that is also how this administration behaves to keep everyone on their toes,” another Western military official said.

“Unpredictability is part of the strategy.”

The Tehran regime has blamed foreign agitators including the US for the mass protests and threatened to strike back if attacked.

Meanwhile, regional neighbours of Iran are urging the US to hold fire, concerned by the prospect of widespread conflict.

Arab and Turkish officials have significantly intensified diplomatic efforts to de-escalate tensions between Washington and Tehran this week, sources told CNN.

“Any military escalation will have consequences for the wider region, including its security and economy,” a regional official with knowledge of the matter told CNN on Wednesday.

Fires are lit as protesters rally in Tehran. (Getty)

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Oman have launched diplomatic efforts to prevent further escalation, the official said.

Arab governments have warned that an attack now could have the “opposite effect and unite Iranians on both sides behind the regime,” the regional official said.

Trump last week announced the US was pulling out of all diplomatic meetings with Iranian officials.

Share and Follow