Unruly Passenger Disrupts Delta Flight, Causes Emergency Return to Houston

HOUSTON (KIAH) – An early morning Delta Air Lines flight departing from William P. Hobby Airport on Wednesday was compelled to return shortly after...
HomeAUUK Prime Minister Urges Prince Andrew to Testify in US Following New...

UK Prime Minister Urges Prince Andrew to Testify in US Following New Epstein Connection Revelations

Share and Follow

British Prime Minister Keir Starmer has urged that former prince Andrew should appear before a U.S. congressional committee. This call follows the emergence of new information concerning Andrew’s association with the late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The U.S. Justice Department recently released documents that reveal email communications indicating that Andrew, the brother of King Charles, continued to interact with Epstein for over two years after Epstein’s conviction for child sex offenses.

Among the documents are photographs allegedly showing Andrew leaning over and touching the waist of an unidentified woman, whose face has been obscured in the redacted images.

In November, King Charles removed Andrew’s princely title and evicted him from his residence on the Windsor Castle estate. This action was taken after earlier disclosures regarding Andrew’s connections to Epstein.

Now 65 years old and known by the family surname Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the former prince has consistently denied any misconduct related to Epstein. He had also previously claimed his interactions with Epstein, post-2008 conviction, were limited to a 2010 trip to New York intended to sever ties with the financier.

The former prince, 65, now uses the family name Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. He has denied wrongdoing in connection with Epstein and had previously denied maintaining ties with the financier after Epstein’s 2008 conviction, apart from a 2010 visit to New York to end their relationship.

He did not reply to a request for comment on the latest revelations. Buckingham Palace declined to comment.

Starmer, speaking to reporters on the plane to Japan after a four-day visit to China, said on Saturday the former prince should appear before US politicians to explain everything he knows about Epstein to help Epstein’s victims.

A middle-aged white man with grey hair and wearing a suit.
The former prince, 65, has denied wrongdoing in connection with Epstein and says he ended a friendship with him following Epstein’s 2008 conviction. Credit: AA/PA

“Anybody who has got information should be prepared to share that information in whatever form they are asked to do that,” Starmer said. “You can’t be victim-centred if you’re not prepared to do that.”

In November, members of a US congressional committee investigating the Epstein case intensified their calls for Andrew to answer questions.

Epstein died by suicide in 2019 in a Manhattan jail while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. He was jailed in 2008 for soliciting paid sex from a minor.

The files show Andrew maintained regular contact with Epstein after his conviction, including discussing potential business deals and social meetings.

In several emails, Epstein and Andrew discuss women that the financier proposes to put in touch with the prince. In one email, Epstein offered to bring three women to Buckingham Palace.

If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732, text 0458 737 732, or visit 1800RESPECT.org.au. In an emergency, call 000.


For the latest from SBS News, download our app and subscribe to our newsletter.

Share and Follow