Tragic Loss: Man Grieves Wife After Car Chase, Having Previously Lost Two Children

The heartache is still fresh for Phillip Crosland, whose world was shattered after losing his beloved wife and lifelong companion, Maureen Crosland, in a...
HomeAUWomen Share Chilling Encounter with Suspected Triple Murderer: A Detailed Account

Women Share Chilling Encounter with Suspected Triple Murderer: A Detailed Account

Share and Follow

WARNING: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are cautioned that this story contains the name and image of a deceased person.

Amy and Chelsea found themselves in an unsettling situation late last Saturday night while on a secluded property in Mount Hope, located in western New South Wales. As they scanned the desolate paddock, something unusual caught their attention—a solitary figure standing in the darkness.

“We both just happened to see someone standing there in the paddock, and there should be absolutely no one there,” Amy recounted, describing the eerie moment.

Two of the last people to come face-to-face with alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram, who remains on the run, have opened up about their encounter. Amy and Chelsea were on a remote property at Mount Hope in western New South Wales late last Saturday night when they saw the figure of a man.
Amy and Chelsea were on a remote property at Mount Hope in western New South Wales late last Saturday night when they saw the figure of a man. (9News)

Concerned by the unexpected presence, the duo retreated inside and promptly contacted the police, spending an anxious two hours on the phone with authorities.

However, as they prepared to leave the premises, they encountered the man once more. This time, the situation took a dangerous turn, as he appeared before them wielding a weapon.

“[He was] Squatting on the side of the road, holding a gun pointing at us,” Amy said.

“We described him to police and they matched it up with the description of Julian Ingram.”

Alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram remains on the run.
Alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram remains on the run. (NSW Police)

Police descended on Mount Hope, 100 kilometres from Lake Cargelligo, where days earlier Ingram allegedly killed his pregnant ex-partner Sophie Quinn, her aunty Nerida, and her friend John Harris. 

More details have come to light about 37-year-old Ingram’s movements in the hours before his alleged rampage on January 22.

A group of female traffic controllers said he gave them roses late that morning, which is something he was in the habit of doing.

Today, police focused on the Lachlan River, which snakes through the towns just outside Lake Cargelligo.

Each day this hunt goes on, the community remains in limbo.

“I can’t imagine what the family is feeling waiting for this to be over – what we’re feeling is probably one per cent of that,” Amy said.

If you or someone you know are feeling worried or no good, you can connect with 13YARN on 13 92 76 (24 hours/7 days) and talk with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Crisis Supporter.

Support is also available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share and Follow