Share and Follow
The controversy surrounding Casey Wasserman, chairman of the LA28 Olympic Games, is deepening as critics question the Olympic leadership’s ongoing support amidst reports of turmoil within his professional ventures.
Wasserman, a prominent figure in sports and entertainment, is reportedly planning to sell his talent and marketing agency following the emergence of emails showing flirtatious interactions with Ghislaine Maxwell, a known associate of Jeffrey Epstein. This revelation has prompted several high-profile clients to sever ties with his firm.
On Friday evening, Wasserman addressed his agency’s employees, admitting that he had become a “distraction” to the company’s operations, as reported by Rolling Stone.

Criticism is now mounting against the Olympic board for its continued backing of Wasserman.
A prominent Los Angeles executive expressed frustration to In Touch, stating, “Wasserman’s unwillingness to resign and the LA28 board’s support is the pinnacle of hypocrisy and cowardice. Influential leaders who advocate for equality are allowing this to persist, tarnishing not only the Olympics but the city’s reputation. It’s astonishing that those at the helm aren’t prioritizing Los Angeles’s best interests by removing him. These Games are touted as the most pro-women Olympics ever, yet the scandal involving its leader jeopardizes the very principles they claim to uphold.”
One high-powered executive in Los Angeles tells In Touch of Wasserman’s refusal to step down and the LA28 board’s continued endorsement: “This is the Everest of hypocrisy and cowardice. Influential figures who publicly champion equality are allowing this to continue, and it’s not just a distraction for the Olympics — it’s a stain on the city. I can’t believe leaders aren’t doing what’s best for Los Angeles by removing him. These Games are being promoted as the most pro-women Olympics in history — and yet the controversy surrounding the man at the center of it threatens to undermine everything they claim to stand for.”

California officials have already voiced alarm.
As In Touch previously reported, on Monday, February 16, Los Angeles mayor Karen Bass expressed her belief that Wasserman should walk away from the Games. “My opinion is, is that he should step down,” Bass told CNN, per Deadline.
Days earlier, Wasserman received a unanimous backing from the board, who he reportedly handpicked. “The committee that is involved with the Olympics has the discretion, the board made a decision …I think that decision was unfortunate,” Bass added. “I don’t support the decision. I do think that we need to look at the leadership.”
“Los Angeles cannot trust our financial future to someone connected with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell,” L.A. City Controller Kenneth Mejia declared on X. L.A. County Supervisor Janice Hahn added, per Fox 11, “Having [Wasserman] represent us on the world stage distracts focus from our athletes and the enormous efforts needed to prepare for 2028.”

In a statement to NBC News, LA28’s executive committee said: “We found Mr. Wasserman’s relationship with Epstein and Maxwell did not go beyond what has already been publicly documented,” adding, “Mr. Wasserman should continue to lead LA28 and deliver a safe and successful Games.”
Per the Los Angeles Times, Wasserman has been facing calls for his resignation after the release of new Epstein files. In a statement via BBC, Wasserman said: “I deeply regret my correspondence with Ghislaine Maxwell which took place over two decades ago, long before her horrific crimes came to light.”

An investigation by Eric Sheehan shows that between 2016 and 2019, LA28 paid two Wasserman-owned companies — LCW LLC and 247 Group LLC — $3.6 million for “travel expenses” and social media marketing. Court documents obtained by In Touch confirm Sheehan’s group’s findings.
“Casey Wasserman was on the Epstein jet about 10 times. He’s listed in Epstein’s black book,” Sheehan, a spokesman for NOlympics LA, tells In Touch.