Melanie Martin doesn’t “want any bad blood” with Aaron Carter’s family and hopes they will look out for the pair’s 1-year-old son, Prince, following his tragic death earlier this month.
“I don’t want any problems or stress over Aaron’s estate,” Carter’s fiancé told Us Weekly on Tuesday. “I just want Prince to be taken care of and want Aaron’s legacy to live on.”
The 30-year-old added, “Whoever wants to be in Prince’s life can be in Prince’s life.”
After the singer died without a will, the OnlyFans model was forced to move out of their Los Angeles home. His estate was reportedly left to the State of California.
Following his death earlier this month, Martin detailed that she was “devastated” and “tried everything to help him.”
“My heart is completely broken over the passing of my fiancé Aaron. I knew he was struggling, and I tried everything to help him,” she told People at the time.
“He has a very independent and strong personality, and I couldn’t help him in the way I felt he needed it.”
She added, “I only wish I had more people to help me with him. I will now be raising our son as a single mother and this is the worst day of my life, but I have to be strong for our son. I’m devastated.”
The “Aaron Party” crooner had struggled with addiction and mental health issues throughout the majority of his life. He was found with multiple cans of compressed air and prescription pill bottles at the time of his death.
The Kardashian family was photographed leaving Travis Barker’s studio amid…
Just last week, Martin celebrated their son’s first birthday, where she reflected on Carter’s passing.
“Happy birthday to my baby boy Prince Lyric Carter 🙏❤️👑,” the model captioned a video of throwback photos on Instagram. “Today is going to be a tough one for me but I know your daddy is playing birthday songs for you up in heaven. I love you baby boy!!!🎶🎤❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔.”
The couple first began dating in early 2020. And after plenty of breakups and reunions, the two got engaged in June 2020.