Share and Follow
Prince William was reportedly “furious” after learning that Earthshot Prize donor Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem was implicated in connections with Jeffrey Epstein, according to a source who spoke with In Touch.
Back in 2009, the infamous sex offender, aged 66, is said to have emailed the CEO of DP World, a founding partner of the charity, with a cryptic message: “Where are you? Are you ok, I loved the torture video.”
The insider revealed, “Having his cherished charity linked to Epstein in any way is deeply disturbing for William. Though there is no accusation of wrongdoing on his part, the perception is damaging.”

This situation couldn’t have arisen at a more challenging period for the British royal family.
On Thursday, February 19, Andrew Mountbatten Windsor was detained over allegations of misconduct in public office. The accusations involve sharing confidential government information with Epstein during his tenure as a British trade envoy.
“Andrew’s mess refuses to die down and every new revelation just drags the whole institution back into the mud,” sighs the source. “It feels like every day something else drops and there seems to be no end in sight.”

As In Touch previously reported, William, 43, will undoubtedly be cleaning up his uncle’s mess for years to come.
“For this to be happening right as he’s being prepared to take over the throne is beyond distressing,” says the source. “He already feels like it’s on his shoulders to steady the ship and restore public faith and now Earthshot, the one thing he built to represent hope and progress, is being pulled into the muck.”
The scandal surrounding Andrew, 66 — who has long denied any wrongdoing — has taken a “very evident” toll on William, adds the source. “He’s snappy, he’s short-tempered, and he’s exhausted because he’s not sleeping properly.”
Wife Princess Kate is “trying to keep him calm,” says the source. “But privately, there’s a fear that this won’t fade quickly and could cast a long shadow over their reign.”