Share and Follow

Authorities have dismissed the possibility that Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance was the result of a burglary gone wrong. Instead, they are focusing on the case as a kidnapping.
In a recent discussion with DailyMail, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos stated that the investigation is now steering away from burglary motives. He highlighted that Guthrie’s vanishing is being treated as a kidnapping, supported by new evidence.
“This is someone who seemed to vanish into thin air,” Nanos explained. “But now, with security footage, we have a suspect captured on camera outside Guthrie’s residence on the night she went missing over two weeks ago.”
Despite thorough investigations, authorities have not identified a definitive motive behind the abduction. Notably, no valuable belongings were reported missing from Guthrie’s home in the Tucson area.
“That’s precisely why I am convinced this is a kidnapping,” Sheriff Nanos emphasized. “The real challenge remains understanding what could have driven someone to commit this act.”
“Is it for money? I mean, we had the one demand where they asked for money,” he continued. “But is it really for money, or is it for revenge for something?”
Nanos’ clarification came after a law enforcement source told AZFamily that there was speculation that Guthrie’s disappearance was the product of a botched robbery.
However, Nanos told Fox News that the burglary theory did not come from his own team.
“It did not come from us. No idea and even though that is one of many possibilities, we would never speculate such a thing. We will let the evidence take us to motive,” he said.
Another source mirrored Nanos’ denial, saying, “This is not the working theory inside the unit.”
“Nighttime residential burglaries are so ridiculously rare. Crazy rare,” the insider told Fox.
Savannah Gurthie’s 84-year-old mother was last seen Jan. 31 and was reported missing the next morning.
Her home was immediately determined to be a crime scene after evidence — including a trail of blood outside her home — pointed to signs that she was taken from her home against her will.
Shortly after, an alleged ransom note demanded that $6 million in bitcoin be sent to an address in exchange for Nancy’s release.
Savannah and her siblings have shared that they are willing to pay the ransom, but asked that the kidnapper show a sign of life.
Last week, video footage was released of an armed and masked person outside of Nancy’s home on the night she went missing. Several people have been detained — and released — since then, and at least 16 gloves were recovered near Nancy’s home that could point to new evidence.
However, no suspects have been identified in the investigation, and the FBI has offered a $100,000 reward for key information leading to Nancy’s whereabouts.