EU Urges US to Uphold Trade Agreement Following Court’s Rejection of Trump-Era Tariffs

BRUSSELS – In a recent development that has intensified trade tensions, the European Union's executive body has urged the United States to provide "full...
HomeCrime68-Year-Old Man Found Shot Dead, Dismembered After Chicago House Fire

68-Year-Old Man Found Shot Dead, Dismembered After Chicago House Fire

Share and Follow

Chicago police are investigation after firefighters found the dismembered body of a man in the basement of a home after extinguishing a blaze there.

Fire crews answered the call in the North Lawndale neighborhood on Friday and found the body. The man’s arms and right leg had been severed, and he had a neck injury and deep cuts to his left leg, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Investigators also found contractor bags, a reciprocating saw, shrink wrap, and a cell phone inside the home.

The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said the 68-year-old man died from gunshot wounds to the neck and chest; his name has not been released.

Police said the fire had been deliberately set.

Neighbors told WBBM that the man who lived in the home was friendly.

“That’s the scary part,” one neighbor said. “Who killed him and why?”

Share and Follow