Share and Follow
On Thursday evening, Savannah Guthrie took to Instagram to share a heartfelt video message, urging the individuals responsible for her mother’s abduction to establish communication so that a resolution can be found.
The message was delivered by Savannah’s brother, Camron Guthrie, on behalf of the family.
“Our priority is to confirm that our mom is with you,” Camron expressed. “We are eager to speak with you and are awaiting your contact.”
He also noted that, to date, the family has not had any direct interactions with the supposed abductors.
This marks the second public appeal from the family since 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie vanished from her Arizona residence in the early hours of Saturday, as previously reported by CrimeOnline.
In the first video, Savannah Guthrie acknowledged ransom letters received by multiple media outlets earlier in the week, and, as her brother did in the new video, called for the kidnappers to let the family “know without a doubt that she is alive and that you have her.”
Although investigators have not released details of what was contained in the ransom letters, media that received them said the kidnappers demanded millions of dollars in Bitcoin, and FBI Special Agent in Heith Janke said that the letters contained two deadlines, one of which passed late Thursday afternoon. The second deadline is on Monday, he said.
Investigators have said that Nancy Guthrie had dinner with her oldest daughter, Annie Guthrie, and son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, Saturday night. Family checked on her Sunday morning after she didn’t appear for church and found her missing. Police said the scene told them Nancy Guthrie didn’t leave the house on her own — including a small amount of blood found by the front door that investigators said belonged to the missing woman.
The FBI announced a $50,000 reward in the case on Thursday and announced the arrest of a man in California for an “imposter ransom demand” made in text messages to Annie Guthrie and Cioni. That demand was not believed connected with the letters received by media outlets on Monday.