HomeCrimeMan Allegedly Threatens to Assassinate Trump and Confront Law Enforcement, DOJ Reports

Man Allegedly Threatens to Assassinate Trump and Confront Law Enforcement, DOJ Reports

Share and Follow

FILE – President Donald Trump speaks to the media, Friday, June 27, 2025, in the briefing room of the White House in Washington (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File).

A man from Texas is facing accusations of making online assassination threats against President Donald Trump and ICE agents. One of his YouTube posts reportedly repeated the phrase “Kill Trump” over 20 times, while another sought “a really good sniper.”

Francisco Jesus Mena, a 36-year-old from North Richland Hills, allegedly expressed a desire to target Trump and his supporters on YouTube last year, as detailed in a federal complaint.

Mena is purported to have stated, “If you need to hire someone with b—s. Let me know,” asserting he didn’t require financial compensation to attempt harm against Trump.

The Justice Department revealed on Friday that Mena was indicted on 10 counts of threatening a federal official by a federal grand jury last week. This followed his arrest in January for the alleged offense, according to the DOJ.

In one of the concerning YouTube posts, Mena allegedly repeated the phrase “Kill Trump” at least 24 times in all caps, as per the complaint. He is also quoted saying, “I will kill Trump,” and expressed willingness to pay for access.

Taking aim at immigration agents, Mena claimed he would “respond with a gunfight” if federal officers ever showed up on his doorstep. “I stabbed an ICE agent in 2009,” Mena alleged, according to the complaint. “I saw his own face asking and begging me to stop….I would love to do this again.”

Prosecutors say Mena was tracked down through his YouTube account information and Google records, which showed that he used his actual birthdate, phone number, and address to create the account. Mena allegedly admitted to making the threats between May 13, 2025, and May 25, 2025.

“Mena also admitted to knowing that ‘people would knock on the door’ regarding his online posts,” the complaint says.

In addition to allegedly threatening Trump and ICE, prosecutors say Mena targeted the president’s supporters. “You are the prime target in the whole U.S.A.,” he wrote on YouTube, according to the complaint. “Blacks, white, Mexican, Asians vs. Trump supporters …. We will murder you!!!”

In another post, Mena said, “We out here killing them all slowly. Stabbed, shot, drugged, hung, everything! F— what you’re going through!!!!”

He added, “All these Trump mfs will die.”

Mena is scheduled to appear for his arraignment on Feb. 11. If convicted, prosecutors say he faces up to 96 years in federal prison.

“Some individuals falsely believe that they are immune from criminal penalties by posting vitriol online and not in person,” said U.S. Attorney Ryan Raybould in a statement. “The diligent work of our law enforcement partners time and again uncovers those attempting to hide behind a computer screen.”

Share and Follow