HomeCrimeMilitary Veteran Arrested for Threatening President Trump and Stockpiling Weapons, DOJ Reports

Military Veteran Arrested for Threatening President Trump and Stockpiling Weapons, DOJ Reports

Share and Follow

Left: Travis Juhr (X/@lancevideos). Right: President Donald Trump speaks with reporters in the Oval Office at the White House, Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2025, in Washington, D.C. (Photo/Alex Brandon).

An Oregon military veteran is facing accusations of threatening to assassinate President Donald Trump and supporters of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) through a series of alarming social media posts. Allegedly, he amassed a collection of weapons, including AR-style rifles, shotguns, Tannerite explosives, compound bows, and even slingshots.

In a Facebook post that drew the attention of the U.S. Secret Service, 41-year-old Travis Juhr reportedly expressed his eagerness for Trump’s death, as detailed in a federal complaint. The Portland resident is said to have issued multiple threats targeting both the former president and ICE advocates.

The complaint further alleges that Juhr made a violent remark about wanting to “mag dump Trump.”

FBI agents arrested Juhr at his residence on Wednesday. During the operation, they executed a search warrant and reportedly uncovered his stockpile of weapons. A Portland police officer had previously requested an extreme risk protection order against Juhr, citing concerns over his increasingly hostile behavior towards law enforcement and his threats of using deadly force, according to The Oregonian.

Court documents identify two individuals whom Juhr allegedly targeted with threats: a mother and her 13-year-old son who had participated in a counterprotest in favor of ICE, known as “Patriots Night,” the complaint states.

“Divine punishment will be the price for your wickedness,” Juhr allegedly wrote in X messages to the 13-year-old. “Jesus can’t save you from what’s coming,” he said, according to the complaint. “Excited for the obituaries.”

Juhr is also accused of making online threats toward a Nevada commissioner who confirmed to The Nevada Independent that she was targeted in X posts.

“I’m coming down to Nevada for you,” one of Juhr’s alleged posts read. “I hope you have your doors and windows locked. Because I love a challenge when hunting my PREY. #MAGAHuntersPDX.”

Juhr appeared in federal court last Thursday, with a federal judge ordering a mental health assessment for him, according to online records. U.S. Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman described his messages during the appearance as being “extreme” and said they “reflect more than anger at the current state of the world,” according to The Oregonian.

Beckerman scheduled a detention hearing for Juhr to take place on Tuesday.

His public defender described him in court as being a U.S. Navy veteran with 10 years of active duty experience, five years with the Coast Guard, and training as a paramedic and rescue swimmer, The Oregonian reports.

Juhr’s Facebook page, which has been deactivated, reportedly claimed he studied cybersecurity at Mt. Hood Community College and had worked as a voice and network engineer. He posted on LinkedIn just one week ago that he was starting a new job as an IT systems architect for the state of Oregon, but a spokesperson told The Oregonian that he is not currently employed.

Share and Follow