HomeCrimePolice say a man caused an explosion at an apartment where a...

Police say a man caused an explosion at an apartment where a wedding was taking place

Share and Follow

Background: News footage of the Feb. 15 explosion in Cicero, Ill. (WLS). Inset: Anthony Avila-Puebla (Cicero Police Department).

Illinois police said that a man seen entering a home in Cicero with several jugs before that building exploded was the one responsible for the blast.

The Cicero Police Department confirmed to several news outlets including Chicago ABC affiliate WLS that the man whose remains were found among the rubble was Anthony Avila-Puebla, 31. Police said the investigation revealed the jugs contained a flammable liquid and Avila-Puebla was determined to be responsible for the explosion, which took place on Feb. 15 during the wedding of the homeowners. According to police, Avila-Puebla was reportedly in a relationship with someone else who lived at the home and had been seen at the wedding earlier in the day — before going missing from the crowd of guests.

Share and Follow