Share and Follow
Authorities have officially ruled out Savannah Guthrie’s family as “possible suspects” in the case of Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance.
On February 16, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos announced that the family had been cleared, more than two weeks after Nancy vanished from her residence in Tucson.
“To clarify, the Guthrie family—including all siblings and their spouses—has been exonerated as potential suspects in this investigation,” Nanos stated in a message shared with Oxygen. “The family has shown nothing but cooperation and grace, and they are victims themselves. Any claims to the contrary are not only incorrect but also cruel.”
Savannah Guthrie Makes New Plea to Nancy Guthrie’s Kidnapper
This update closely follows Savannah’s emotional appeal to her mother’s abductor, urging them to “do the right thing” and release the 84-year-old woman unharmed.
“It’s been two weeks since our mom was taken and I just wanted to come on and say that we still have hope. And we still believe,” the Today co-anchor said in the Feb. 15 message on Instagram. “And I wanted to say to whoever has her or knows where she is that it’s never too late. And you’re not lost or alone. And it is never too late to do the right thing. And we are here. And we believe. And we believe in the essential goodness of every human being. And it’s never too late.”
Nancy was last observed on the evening of January 31, when a relative dropped her off at her home at 9:48 p.m.
Hours later, at approximately 1:47 a.m., the doorbell camera at the home was disconnected then Nancy’s pacemaker app was disconnected from her phone at 2:28 a.m. Authorities believe the octogenarian was likely taken from her home against her will after finding her blood on the porch.
On Feb. 10, the FBI released photos and video of a person wearing a ski mask and black seemingly disabling the doorbell camera on the property.
“The suspect is described as a male, approximately 5’9” – 5’10” tall, with an average build,” the FBI revealed Feb. 12 on X. “In the video, he is wearing a black, 25-liter ‘Ozark Trail Hiker Pack’ backpack.”
FBI Says Glove Found 2 Miles From Nancy Guthrie’s Home Has DNA
Three days later, on Feb. 15, the FBI released another statement saying they had recovered a glove that “appears to match the gloves of the subject in the surveillance video,” adding that DNA had also been found on the glove.
The glove—which is still undergoing testing—was said to be found approximately two miles away from the Guthrie residence in a field along the side of the road.
They added, “The FBI received preliminary results yesterday on 2/14 and are awaiting quality control and official confirmation today before putting unknown male profile into CoDIS, the national database unique to the bureau.”
Investigators also believe the suspect’s clothing seen in the video footage may have been purchased from Walmart, although they noted it was not “exclusively available at Walmart.”
“This remains a possibility only,” the sheriff’s department noted in a statement provided to Oxygen. “The investigation is ongoing, and information may change as new details develop.”
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for anyone with information about Nancy’s whereabouts or the individuals responsible for the alleged kidnapping.