Share and Follow
Nancy Grace of CrimeOnline has expressed her opinions on the ransom notes that have been sent to various media outlets concerning the alleged abduction of Nancy Guthrie, the 84-year-old mother of “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie.
Speaking on Entertainment Tonight, Grace, who previously collaborated with Savannah at CourtTV, remarked, “There’s something in that ransom note that’s credible.” She highlighted reports of two, possibly three, identical ransom notes being sent to different media outlets. Grace emphasized the significance of these notes being sent to a local station and TMZ, suggesting a potential local connection.
Grace was also moved by the emotional video released by Guthrie and her siblings, pleading for the kidnappers to reach out. Despite the family’s request, there has been no confirmation of contact from the alleged abductors. However, Tucson’s KOLD station reported receiving another letter on Friday morning, as detailed by CrimeOnline.
Grace believes the family is collaborating closely with law enforcement. She suggested they would not have gone public if there wasn’t some element of the ransom note deemed credible.
On Thursday night, Savannah Guthrie shared another video on Instagram. This time, it featured solely her brother, Camron Guthrie, further addressing the situation.
Grace also discussed the investigation itself and offered her thoughts on how to move forward, urging investigators to “focus on the ransom note” and lock down the crime scene, which was initially locked down and then inexplicably reopened before it was again locked down.
The CrimeOnline host further said she was skeptical of reports that Tommaso Cioni, Savannah Guthrie’s brother-in-law and husband of her sister Annie, might be a suspect.
“I could be wrong, but I find it very hard to believe that the sister and Savannah and Camron are going to make a public plea to an unknown kidnapper when they all think it’s the brother-in-law,” she said. “It just doesn’t make sense to me.”