Share and Follow
Alissa Fay, a participant on “Married At First Sight,” has spoken out against the vicious “mean girls” confrontation that took center stage in the season’s most dramatic dinner party. She described the incident as both “disgusting” and “pre-planned.”
The episode left viewers stunned as they witnessed tensions boiling over among the brides, with Alissa unexpectedly becoming the focal point of a fierce group attack that threw the evening into disarray.
Contrary to appearances, the 33-year-old maintains that the conflict was not a spontaneous outburst but rather a calculated ambush set up before she even took her seat at the table.
“Oh yeah, that was pretty hectic,” Alissa shared with the Daily Mail. She emphasized the orchestrated nature of the event, adding, “Obviously, a lot of mean girl behavior.”
‘Oh yeah, that was pretty hectic,’ Alissa told Daily Mail. ‘Obviously, a lot of mean girl behaviour.’
And she insists what aired was only a watered-down version of what really unfolded during the now-infamous showdown.
Married At First Sight’s Alissa Fay has broken her silence after viewers watched her become the centre of one of the most toxic dinner parties of the season – and she is not holding back
What played out on screen saw tensions erupt between the brides, with Alissa finding herself ganged up on during a heated confrontation that quickly spiralled into chaos
‘It was pretty hectic sitting at that table and being attacked and ganged up on,’ she said.
And she claims the situation was even worse behind the scenes.
‘A lot of stuff didn’t obviously make the cut because it was just too juicy to air on TV,’ she revealed.
In a bombshell claim, Alissa said she later discovered the confrontation had been planned before cameras even started rolling.
‘To know that it was – to find out that it was premeditated as well – it was pretty disgusting,’ she said.
Viewers were left questioning how the situation escalated so brutally, with many struggling to pinpoint what triggered the backlash.
Alissa admits she is just as confused.
‘I think everybody’s a little bit confused by it and even the experts are confused by it,’ she said when asked whether she had done anything to spark the attack.
Instead, she alleges the ambush had been orchestrated before she even sat down at the table. ‘Oh yeah, that was pretty hectic,’ Alissa told Daily Mail. ‘Obviously, a lot of mean girl behaviour’
In the aftermath of the episode airing, fellow bride Bec Zacharia has taken accountability for her behaviour, even revealing she later hosted Alissa at her birthday and admitted she had approached the dinner party with the wrong mindset.
Alissa confirmed an apology had been made – but she is proceeding with caution.
‘Yeah, she definitely has apologised,’ she said.
However, she made it clear their friendship dynamic has changed.
‘There’s friends that are close to you and then there’s friends that you just keep at arm’s length.’
While she has chosen to forgive, she is not ignoring what happened.
‘Yes, I have forgiven Bec, but I have boundaries in place, obviously moving forward,’ she explained.
For Alissa, setting boundaries is about protecting herself and standing firm in her values.
In the aftermath of the episode airing, fellow bride Bec Zacharia (pictured) has taken accountability for her behaviour, even revealing she later hosted Alissa at her birthday and admitted she had approached the dinner party with the wrong mindset
‘That’s just respecting myself and what I stand for and my values,’ she said.
Despite the hostility she faced, Alissa insists she has never stooped to the same level.
‘I’ll always be kind and I’ve never once been nasty to those girls. I’m always kind,’ she said. ‘Because that is who I am and that is my caring nature.’
But kindness, she suggests, should never be mistaken for weakness.
Married At First Sight continues Sunday at 7pm on Channel Nine.Â