Man Allegedly Shoots Girlfriend During Car Dispute, Citing ‘Accident’ Amid Heated Argument, Police Report

Background: News footage of Red Arrow Park in Marinette, Wis. (WISN). Inset (left): Gabriella Cartagena (Marinette Police Department). Inset (right): Robert Chilcote (Wright County...
HomeLocal NewsDAZN Scores Victory: Continues Exclusive Broadcast of Belgian League Following Arbitration Win

DAZN Scores Victory: Continues Exclusive Broadcast of Belgian League Following Arbitration Win

Share and Follow


BRUSSELS – In a resolution emerging from urgent arbitration, DAZN announced it will continue airing Belgian soccer matches through the season’s conclusion, as confirmed by the Pro League on Wednesday.

Last month, DAZN revealed its intent to terminate the contract, citing an inability to meet the agreement’s distribution conditions under Belgian law.

This decision sparked outrage within the league, which accused DAZN of prematurely ending their partnership.

While details of the emergency arbitrator’s (CEPANI) ruling remain confidential, DAZN confirmed their commitment to produce and broadcast Pro League games for the remainder of the season.

In December 2024, DAZN secured domestic media rights for the 2025-2030 term, a deal projected to generate at least 84.2 million euros ($97.3 million) annually.

The Pro League said Wednesday’s ruling confirmed that DAZN must continue making payments as contractually agreed, continue to provide the production and broadcasting of matches, comply with the promised anti-piracy measures and geo-blocking provisions, and negotiate with telecom operators in order to conclude distribution agreements.

“The winners of this ruling are our fans, our clubs and Belgian football as a whole,” said Lorin Parys, CEO of the Pro League.

Massimo D’Amario, CEO of DAZN Belgium, said the interim measures ordered by CEPANI, including on interim payments, “do not pass any judgment on DAZN’s legal position in the ongoing dispute with the Pro League. DAZN remains convinced the CEPANI arbitration panel that will be constituted in the coming weeks will rule that the original contract ended lawfully. DAZN expects the arbitration panel to rule also on important issues of compliance with competition law.”

After DAZN failed to conclude distribution agreements with Belgian operators, matches are only available on the company’s app, a situation the rights holder said is financially unsustainable.

___

AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

Share and Follow