U.S. Seizes Venezuela-Linked Tanker Following Maduro’s Arrest

The Pentagon announced on Sunday that U.S. military forces conducted a raid on an oil tanker associated with Venezuela, which is currently under sanctions. The...
HomeNewsFBI Conducts Third Late-Night Search at Nancy Guthrie's Residence: Infrared Footage Reveals...

FBI Conducts Third Late-Night Search at Nancy Guthrie’s Residence: Infrared Footage Reveals Camera and Car Seizure

Share and Follow

Recently released infrared video captures federal agents conducting a third search at Nancy Guthrie’s residence, as the mystery surrounding her disappearance deepens. The mother of Today show host Savannah Guthrie vanished without a trace last weekend.

At 84 years old, Nancy Guthrie was reported missing after she failed to attend her regular church service in Tucson, Arizona, last Sunday, sparking immediate concern among family and friends.

During the initial investigation, authorities discovered bloodstains on the door of her home, and her Ring security camera was notably absent. Her case is currently being treated as a potential kidnapping.

Savannah Guthrie, a prominent broadcast journalist, has made a heartfelt appeal in the media alongside her siblings, urging whoever may have taken their mother to return her safely.

The search effort has intensified with the involvement of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, working closely with the Pima County Sheriff’s Office to unravel the mystery and find Nancy Guthrie.

Infrared drone footage showed FBI agents surrounding Nancy’s rural Arizona home late on Friday night. 

The video, taken by Fox News’s flight team, depicted multiple agents walking in and around Nancy’s home. 

One clip showed an agent on the home’s roof disabling a wired camera. The FBI hasn’t released information on whether anything was discovered on the camera. 

Infrared footage obtained by Fox News's flight team revealed multiple FBI agents combing Nancy Guthrie's house for the third time

Infrared footage obtained by Fox News’s flight team revealed multiple FBI agents combing Nancy Guthrie’s house for the third time 

Nancy Guthrie, pictured with Savannah in 2021, was last seen on Saturday night and has been missing for almost a week

Nancy Guthrie, pictured with Savannah in 2021, was last seen on Saturday night and has been missing for almost a week 

Nancy Guthrie lives in a rural part of Tucson, Arizona. Aerial drone footage shows the sparse homes in the area which has complicated the search

Nancy Guthrie lives in a rural part of Tucson, Arizona. Aerial drone footage shows the sparse homes in the area which has complicated the search 

Video captured by CNN and local NBC affiliate, NBC 4 Los Angeles, revealed a car being towed from the home on Friday night. 

Photos and videos from news outlets of the search previously showed the car parked inside the home’s garage. 

The FBI hasn’t said why the car was removed or whether it is being used as evidence in the case. 

Nancy’s home is an active crime scene as law enforcement continues an investigation into how she disappeared. 

Authorities have also been interviewing Nancy’s landscape crew, pool maintenance workers, a housekeeper, and an Uber driver who drove her to her daughter Annie’s home the night before she vanished. 

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said during a recent press conference that the interviews were helpful and the staff was cooperative.  

Another development in the case came on Friday evening when Tucson news outlet KOLD claimed it received a second ‘message’ from Nancy’s alleged kidnapper. 

The outlet had previously received an alleged ransom note earlier this week. TMZ also said they were sent a similar message. 

A car reportedly belonging to Nancy Guthrie was towed from her home on Friday night. FBI agents also were seen disabling a camera on the roof of her home

A car reportedly belonging to Nancy Guthrie was towed from her home on Friday night. FBI agents also were seen disabling a camera on the roof of her home 

Authorities have been met with many challenges in the case, including Nancy's age and health, the secluded area where she was allegedly taken, and increased media attention. Nancy and Savannah are pictured here in 2023 on the set of the Today Show

Authorities have been met with many challenges in the case, including Nancy’s age and health, the secluded area where she was allegedly taken, and increased media attention. Nancy and Savannah are pictured here in 2023 on the set of the Today Show 

 

KOLD said the new letter did not make ransom demands or provide proof of life, but the previous letters demanded millions in bitcoin in exchange for Nancy and set a final deadline of Monday.

Authorities haven’t confirmed the validity of any of the alleged ransom notes, but said they are treating them as ‘serious leads.’ 

A California resident named Derrick Callella was arrested on Thursday for allegedly sending false ransom notes to Nancy’s daughter, Annie, and son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni.

Callella allegedly admitted to sending the messages to capitalize on the turmoil surrounding Nancy’s abduction and potential ransom demands, and told investigators he was ‘just trying to see if the family would respond.’ 

Nancy’s health and age have added another layer to the search as she takes daily prescription medication that could be fatal if she doesn’t have access to it. 

Nancy also has a pacemaker that’s synced to her Apple Watch. Investigators confirmed that the device stopped transmitting data around 2am on Sunday. 

Nanos said during a press conference that he’s holding out hope that Nancy is still alive. 

‘What I believe is that Nancy was removed from her home against her will, and that we need to find her. That’s what I believe. She’s still alive,’ he said.

‘I believe that I have no choice until something shows me, a piece of physical evidence shows me that that’s different.’

Authorities have held out hope that Nancy is still alive. Alleged ransom notes have been sent to multiple outlets since her disappearance

Authorities have held out hope that Nancy is still alive. Alleged ransom notes have been sent to multiple outlets since her disappearance 

Another glimmer of hope came when authorities said a ‘vehicle of interest’ was identified. 

Although a person of interest hasn’t been publicly named, a spokesperson for a local Circle K convenience store confirmed to the Daily Mail that a ‘tip’ led law enforcement to a car spotted at the store. 

It is unclear why the vehicle appeared to be connected to the disappearance, nor whether any suspects have been identified as a result.

Donald Trump has also spoken out about the case, telling reporters on Air Force One that the investigation was going ‘very well’, adding, ‘We could have some answers coming up fairly soon.’

Share and Follow