National Guard soldiers shot in Washington DC 'terror attack' named
Share and Follow
The two National Guardsmen who were shot in Wednesday's horror terror attack in Washington DC have been named. Andrew Wolfe, 24, and Sarah Backstrom, 20, were identified in a press conference on Thursday. Officials said both guardsmen underwent surgery and remain in critical condition. DC US Attorney Jeanine Pirro revealed that both soldiers had only been sworn into the West Virginia National Guard days before the attack. The soldiers were ambushed on Wednesday while on patrol as part of President Donald Trump 's ongoing effort to clean up the streets of D.C.

Two National Guardsmen injured in a shocking attack in Washington D.C. on Wednesday have been identified. Andrew Wolfe, 24, and Sarah Backstrom, 20, were named during a press briefing on Thursday. Both individuals are currently in critical condition following surgery. According to D.C. U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro, Wolfe and Backstrom had recently joined the West Virginia National Guard, being sworn in just days prior to the incident. The attack occurred while they were on patrol as part of President Donald Trump’s initiative to address crime in the nation’s capital.

Afghan soldier Rahmanullah Lakanwal, 29, was named as the alleged gunman in custody over the horror shoot-out. Lakanwal was brought to the United States in 2021 as part of former president Joe Biden 's Operation Allies Welcome when he withdrew from Afghanistan , which facilitated temporary visas for Afghans who assisted US Special Forces. Images from the press conference show Pirro held notes on blaming the Biden administration for allowing Lakanwal into the country, including the words 'Operation Allies Welcome' and 'Biden Legislation' underlined.

The alleged shooter, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, a 29-year-old Afghan national, has been taken into custody. Lakanwal arrived in the United States in 2021 under the Biden administration’s Operation Allies Welcome, which aimed to provide temporary visas to Afghans who assisted U.S. forces. During the press conference, Pirro criticized the Biden administration, referencing notes that highlighted ‘Operation Allies Welcome’ and ‘Biden Legislation.’ These notes suggested that the administration’s policies may have facilitated Lakanwal’s entry into the country.

Officials said at the Thursday press conference that Lakanwal drove across the country from his home in Bellingham, Washington, to DC before he fired at the troops on Wednesday afternoon with a .357 revolver. He was shot during the chaotic aftermath of the terror attack and he also remains in hospital, Pirro said, and will be charged with three counts of assault with intent to kill while armed and possession of a firearm during a crime of violence. Pirro cautioned that the charges could be upgraded in the coming days, dependent on the condition of the two National Guardsmen.

Authorities disclosed that Lakanwal traveled from Bellingham, Washington, to Washington D.C., where he allegedly opened fire on the guardsmen using a .357 revolver. During the ensuing chaos, Lakanwal was shot and is currently hospitalized. Pirro announced that he faces three charges of assault with intent to kill while armed, along with possession of a firearm during a violent crime. She noted that the charges might be escalated based on the recovery progress of Wolfe and Backstrom.

'We are praying that they survive and that the highest charge will not have to be murder in the first degree,' she said, adding, 'We will hold this perpetrator accountable under the full weight of the law.' Attorney General Pam Bondi previously Fox News that the White House could pursue terrorism charges and the death penalty in the case. Late on Wednesday night, CIA Director John Ratcliffe told Fox News Lakanwal had direct links to the CIA from his work alongside US Special Forces in Afghanistan . 'The Biden administration justified bringing the alleged shooter to the United States in September 2021 due to his prior work with the U.S. government, including CIA,' Ratcliffe admitted.

‘We are praying that they survive and that the highest charge will not have to be murder in the first degree,’ she said, adding, ‘We will hold this perpetrator accountable under the full weight of the law.’ Attorney General Pam Bondi previously Fox News that the White House could pursue terrorism charges and the death penalty in the case. Late on Wednesday night, CIA Director John Ratcliffe told Fox News Lakanwal had direct links to the CIA from his work alongside US Special Forces in Afghanistan . ‘The Biden administration justified bringing the alleged shooter to the United States in September 2021 due to his prior work with the U.S. government, including CIA,’ Ratcliffe admitted.

He said his involvement with the CIA was 'as a member of a partner force in Kandahar, which ended shortly following the chaotic evacuation.' Like President Trump, Ratcliffe slammed the former administration's 'disastrous' actions during the withdrawal of Afghanistan, which allowed unvetted foreigners to enter the US on temporary visas. 'The individual - and so many others - should have never been allowed to come here,' Ratcliffe said. 'Our citizens and service members deserve far better than to endure the ongoing fallout from the Biden administration's catastrophic failures.'

He said his involvement with the CIA was ‘as a member of a partner force in Kandahar, which ended shortly following the chaotic evacuation.’ Like President Trump, Ratcliffe slammed the former administration’s ‘disastrous’ actions during the withdrawal of Afghanistan, which allowed unvetted foreigners to enter the US on temporary visas. ‘The individual – and so many others – should have never been allowed to come here,’ Ratcliffe said. ‘Our citizens and service members deserve far better than to endure the ongoing fallout from the Biden administration’s catastrophic failures.’

In response to the shooting, President Trump took aim solely at his predecessor Joe Biden and the previous administration on Wednesday night, insisting 'n o country can tolerate such a risk to our very survival. 'The suspect in custody is a foreigner who entered our country from Afghanistan, a hellhole on earth. 'He was flown in by the Biden administration in September 2021, on those infamous flights that everybody was talking about. Nobody knew who was coming in. 'His status was extended under legislation signed by President Biden, a disastrous president, the worst in our history.'

In response to the shooting, President Trump took aim solely at his predecessor Joe Biden and the previous administration on Wednesday night, insisting ‘n o country can tolerate such a risk to our very survival. ‘The suspect in custody is a foreigner who entered our country from Afghanistan, a hellhole on earth. ‘He was flown in by the Biden administration in September 2021, on those infamous flights that everybody was talking about. Nobody knew who was coming in. ‘His status was extended under legislation signed by President Biden, a disastrous president, the worst in our history.’

Trump went on to warn authorities 'must now re-examine every single alien who has entered our country from Afghanistan under Biden, and we must take all necessary measures to ensure the removal of any alien from any country who does not belong here or add benefit to our country. 'This heinous assault was an act of evil, an act of hatred and an act of terror. It was a crime against our entire nation. It was a crime against humanity... This attack underscores the single greatest national security threat facing our nation.' Shortly after his speech, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services indefinitely stopped 'processing of all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals, effective immediately... pending further review of security and vetting protocols.

Trump went on to warn authorities ‘must now re-examine every single alien who has entered our country from Afghanistan under Biden, and we must take all necessary measures to ensure the removal of any alien from any country who does not belong here or add benefit to our country. ‘This heinous assault was an act of evil, an act of hatred and an act of terror. It was a crime against our entire nation. It was a crime against humanity… This attack underscores the single greatest national security threat facing our nation.’ Shortly after his speech, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services indefinitely stopped ‘processing of all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals, effective immediately… pending further review of security and vetting protocols.

'The protection and safety of our homeland and of the American people remains our singular focus and mission,' the department said in a statement. Trump vowed that 'the animal' who shot the troops 'will pay a very steep price' as he praised 'every member of the United States military who is deployed tonight, at home and abroad.' He urged all families to 'say a prayer for the two great heroes who were horribly shot.'

‘The protection and safety of our homeland and of the American people remains our singular focus and mission,’ the department said in a statement. Trump vowed that ‘the animal’ who shot the troops ‘will pay a very steep price’ as he praised ‘every member of the United States military who is deployed tonight, at home and abroad.’ He urged all families to ‘say a prayer for the two great heroes who were horribly shot.’

Share and Follow
You May Also Like

National Counterterrorism Chief Clarifies Vetting Process Amid Afghan Terrorist Concerns

The situation is becoming clearer regarding how an Afghan, once considered…

Breaking News: Trump Targets Biden’s ‘Autopen’ Signed Documents for Nullification

President Donald Trump has launched a fervent campaign to address what…

Oregon Parent Criticizes New Gender-Related Questions on School Survey

Educational institutions have a fundamental mission: to prepare young individuals with…

Unlock Exclusive Deals: Discover Our Special Black Friday Offer

The festive season is upon us, and with it comes the…

DC Guard Shooter Allegedly Tied to CIA-Supported Afghan ‘Zero Units

A suspected Afghan terrorist who killed National Guard troops Sarah Beckstrom and…

Pro-Palestinian Demonstrators Occupy NYC Retail Store During Black Friday Events

In a dramatic turn of events on Black Friday, a group of…

TPUSA-Affiliated Councilmember Faces Lawsuit Over Alleged Job-for-Sex and Kidnapping Scandal

A lawsuit filed in Maricopa County Superior Court accuses Avondale City Council…

US Army’s Covert Psychological Operations Unit Unveils Compelling Recruitment Video: ‘We Are Everywhere

An enigmatic recruitment video has been unveiled by a discreet unit within…