Share and Follow
AN AMERICAN warship and multiple other commercial ships have come under attack in the Red Sea, the Pentagon has confirmed.
“We’re aware of reports regarding attacks on the USS Carney and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and will provide information as it becomes available,” the Pentagon said Sunday.
Earlier in the day, the British military also confirmed a suspected drone attack and explosions in the region.
A US official confirmed to the outlet that the attack on the USS Carney and commercial vessels began at around 10 a.m. in Sanaa Yemen.
The anonymous official also said it had been going on for as much as five hours.
The Pentagon has not publicly identified where the attack came from.
The attack comes as Iran-back Houthi militants have reportedly launched multiple attacks on vessels in the Red Sea.
The rebel group has also launched drones and missiles potentially targeted for Israel amid the war with Hamas.
The USS Carney has been active in the Red Sea for some time, and intercepted three cruise missiles and several drones in October.
The missiles and drones were said to have been launched by Houthi, according to Reuters.
“We cannot say for certain what these missiles and drones were targeting, but they were launched from Yemen heading north along the Red Sea, potentially towards targets in Israel,” the Pentagon said at the time.
More to follow… For the latest news on this story, keep checking back at The U.S. Sun online. The-Sun.com is your go-to desination for the best celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures, and must-see videos. Like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us on X (formerly Twitter) at @TheUSSun.