Massive Rainfall Predicted for Central Australia: What to Expect

Central Australia is bracing for potential isolation due to an expected heavy rainfall event slated to begin this weekend, which could disrupt roads and...
HomeUSAntisemitic attackers violently target synagogue, Israeli restaurant in Australia

Antisemitic attackers violently target synagogue, Israeli restaurant in Australia

Share and Follow

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A series of antisemitic attacks in Australia, including an arson attack on a synagogue in Melbourne and a violent raid on an Israeli-owned restaurant, has Jews in the Australian city living in fear and demanding officials take action. 

The first attack occurred when assailants started a fire outside the exterior doors of the East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation. Around 20 worshipers were eating Shabbat dinner inside, according to SBS News. The police have not yet categorized the incident a terror attack.

Avi Yemini, chief reporter for Rebel News Online in Australia, said the fire brigade’s rapid response kept “yet another synagogue in this city from being destroyed in a terror attack, like the firebombing of the Adas Israel Synagogue last year, which remains unsolved.”

Yemini said Friday’s attacks demonstrate how “emboldened” protesters have become. 

“Since October 7, Victoria Police — under the direction of the government — have allowed anti-Israel protesters to effectively hold Melbourne hostage,” he said. 

Synagogue attack in Melbourne, Australia.

Fire damage at the synagogue’s entrance in Melbourne, Australia, July 4, 2025.  (Alex Zucco/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)

Gideon Sa’ar, the Israeli minister of foreign affairs, also strongly condemned the attacks, saying there “have been too many antisemitic attacks in Australia,” and he called on the Australian government to “do more to fight this poisonous disease.”

Between Oct. 1, 2023, and Sept. 30, 2024, the ECAJ counted 2,062 antisemitic incidents in Australia.

Share and Follow