Chicago police ordered to ignore border patrol agents' plea for help while surrounded by angry mob of protesters
Share and Follow

Chicago police officers, who were on their way to assist federal agents surrounded and threatened by a hostile group of ICE protesters, were reportedly instructed by their chief of patrol to refrain from intervening, as revealed by surprising dispatch audio and internal communications.

The agents were engaged in a routine patrol on the city’s South Side on Saturday when they fell under attack. Their vehicles were rammed and encircled by 10 other vehicles, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

This assault occurred approximately 15 miles from anti-ICE demonstrations, which had been intensifying for several days near the ICE processing center in Broadview, a suburb of Chicago.

Once they attempted to flee their trapped vehicle, a woman — later found to be toting a semi-automatic weapon — attempted to run the officers down, but was shot by police.

Local cops were initially readied to help the agents, but were ordered to stand down by the chief of patrol, according to shocking dispatch audio transmissions.

“Younger male Hispanic wearing all black … wanted for the hit and run, this guy fled from the scene,” a female dispatcher blares in response to a call for help by the surrounded ICE agents on audio shared by ExxAlerts.

“When the offending vehicle crashed, they ran the federal agent off the road, they fled on foot westbound.”

A male voice then comes on the radio channel, telling the dispatcher to direct officers to head to the scene and “stay put” a few blocks away and await further instruction, which she relays.

A few seconds later, the male voice is heard again, saying tersely: “Per the chief of patrol: clear everybody out, we’re not responding over there.”

The female dispatcher then tells officers on the way to the distress call, “per the chief of patrol, all units clear out from there, we’re not sending anybody out to that location.”

A male officer responds over the sound of sirens wailing in the background, saying, “We’re going to clear out as soon as we can, we’re like blocked in over here so we’re going to do the best we can to get out of here as soon as we can.”

An internal department memo sent to Chicago cops and obtained by Fox News confirms the shocking reversal.

“PLEASE CHIEF OF PATROL NO UNITS WILL RESPOND TO THIS AS RELATED FROM 04-Oc5-2025/12:34:44…CALLER IS 1 OF APPROX 30 ARMED PATROL AGENTS (ICE) WHO ARE BEING SURROUNDED BY A LARGE CROWD OF PEOPLE REQUESTING CPD,” the dispatch message read.

The Chicago Police Department disputed the claims, saying its officers were on the scene.

“To clarify misinformation currently circulating, CPD officers did in fact respond to the shooting scene involving federal authorities on Saturday to maintain public safety and traffic control,” the department said in a statement to Fox.

“The Chicago Police Department will always respond to anyone who is being attacked or is under the threat of physical harm,” the department added. “For incidents involving federal immigration enforcement, CPD supervisors will respond to the scene and determine the appropriate course of action in accordance with City law.”

Ten cars had surrounded the federal agents, Trump officials said.

“Today in Chicago, members of our brave law enforcement were attacked—rammed and boxed in by ten vehicles, including an attacker with a semi-automatic weapon,” Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem wrote on X in response to the attack, pledging to send more resources to the crime-ravaged city.

The mob had gathered in the area near 39th Place and South Kedzie Avenue to protest the shooting of the armed woman and was met with tear gas deployed by federal agents, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The latest spate of violence in the Windy City comes after the US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last month launched “Operation Midway Blitz,” an initiative to “target the criminal illegal aliens who flocked to Chicago and Illinois because they knew Governor Pritzker and his sanctuary policies would protect them and allow them to roam free on American streets,” the department announced in an X post

Protesters have increasingly used vehicles to attack ICE agents in the Chicago area in recent days, according to DHS, which said agents were targeted twice in such a manner in one day earlier this week. 

No officers were injured in the mob attack, and the woman shot defensively by police reportedly drove herself to the hospital to be treated for her wounds.

More than a dozen protesters have been arrested near the ICE facility since Friday, according to Fox News.

The Chicago Police Department didn’t respond to a message from The Post seeking comment.

Share and Follow
You May Also Like
Sen. Rick Scott's Naples home targeted in attempted swatting incident on Thanksgiving, police say

Thanksgiving Swatting Scare: Sen. Rick Scott’s Naples Home Targeted in Alarming Incident

Florida Senator Rick Scott revealed on social media that his family’s home…
Afghan national admitted via Operation Allies Welcome charged with making terroristic threat, DHS says

Afghan Refugee from Operation Allies Welcome Faces Charges for Alleged Terroristic Threat, According to DHS

An Afghan individual was apprehended this week after sharing a TikTok video…
Actor known for 80s cult classic is seen on rare outing... guess who?

Iconic ’80s Movie Star Spotted in Rare Public Appearance – Can You Guess Who?

An actor, famed for his role in an iconic 80s cult film,…
Trump orders pause on asylum decisions after attack on National Guard

Trump Temporarily Halts Asylum Decisions Following National Guard Attack

The Trump administration has initiated a temporary halt on asylum decisions across…
NFL news: Chicago Bears beat defending Super Bowl champions, Philadelphia Eagles, 24-15 on the road, advance to 9-3

Chicago Bears Triumph Over Super Bowl Champs Eagles with Impressive 24-15 Victory

In Philadelphia, Kyle Monangai powered through for 130 yards and a touchdown,…
Trump 'made bombshell assassination claim while being secretly taped'

Unveiled: Secret Recording Reveals Trump’s Shocking Assassination Allegation

Olivia Nuzzi’s former partner has accused her of employing a sketch artist…
WWE sex symbol shocks fans after resurfacing at 65 - see her now

WWE Icon Returns: 65-Year-Old Former Diva Stuns Fans with Timeless Comeback

During the late 1990s, Debra Marshall emerged as one of the most…
FILE - Migrants deported months before by the United States to El Salvador under the Trump administration

Legal Showdown: Trump Officials and Judge Clash Over El Salvador Flight Contempt Case

On March 15, two aircraft transporting Venezuelan migrants from the United States…