Share and Follow
CHICAGO (WLS) — A Montessori school teacher, wounded by federal agents during an operation dubbed Midway Blitz, is set to break her silence on Wednesday.
The ABC-7 I-Team has acquired footage capturing the precise moment of the incident.
ABC7 Chicago is now streaming 24/7. Click here to watch
According to Homeland Security, Marimar Martinez allegedly collided with federal agents near 39th Street and Kedzie Avenue. However, her legal representative argues that the video evidence tells a different story.
The teacher sustained gunshot wounds on the morning of October 4, as Customs and Border Protection agents, with weapons ready, were reportedly being trailed by other vehicles.
RELATED: Newly released video captures Border Patrol shooting of Chicago woman in Brighton Park
The video reveals Agent Charles Exum maneuvering his vehicle to the left, resulting in a collision with another car before he exits and fires shots. The 30-year-old teacher was struck five times and subsequently taken into custody at the hospital.
SEE ALSO | ‘My own government attempted to execute me,’ Chicago woman shot by Border Patrol testifies
Following the incident, text messages show Exum appeared to brag about the shooting Martinez, saying “I fired 5 rounds and she had seven holes. Put that in your book boys.”
During her Capitol Hill testimony last week, Martinez says she’s has pain daily as a result of the injuries caused by the shooting and is in physical therapy to help with her recovery.
DHS has yet to comment on the newly released evidence.
Although assault charges against Martinez have been dropped, she wants an apology from the Trump administration.
Martinez attorney said his client plans on filing a civil lawsuit.
Copyright © 2026 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.