Share and Follow
In a bid to locate Nancy Guthrie, digital billboards have been deployed across the Southwestern U.S., intensifying the search efforts. Authorities are on high alert following the mysterious disappearance of the 84-year-old from her Tucson, Arizona residence last Sunday, treating the case as a potential kidnapping.
The Pima County Sheriff’s Department, in collaboration with the FBI, has mounted an extensive operation to find Nancy, who relies on essential prescription medications and has been missing for nearly a week now. Their appeal to the public underscores the urgency of gathering any information that might lead to her discovery.
These digital billboards, strategically placed in prominent cities such as El Paso, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Houston, and San Antonio, display Nancy’s photograph alongside critical details like her age, height, and weight, aiming to spread awareness and generate leads in the investigation.
Authorities have asked the public to come forward with any tips or leads on Nancy’s whereabouts.Â
Digital billboards featuring a photo of Nancy, along with her age, height, and weight, have also appeared across major cities, including El Paso, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Houston, and San Antonio.Â
FBI Phoenix Public Affairs Officer Brooke A Brennan confirmed to CNN that the billboards will also be posted in Albuquerque, San Diego, and Los Angeles. Â
The FBI launched the digital billboard initiative in 2007 as a resource for law enforcement officials to rapidly put up information while bypassing the traditional processes of erecting large-scale signs.Â
The digital billboards also display an FBI tip line for individuals to report potentially relevant information to the case.
Nancy Guthrie vanished from her home in Tucson, Arizona, on Sunday in what investigators believe was a kidnapping. She and her daughter, Today Show host Savannah, are pictured on set in 2020Â
Digital billboards have been seen in cities like El Paso, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Houston, and San AntonioÂ
Nancy is 84 years old and has health concerns. She has a pacemaker and takes daily prescription medication for survivalÂ
The initiative is just one tool law enforcement has utilized in the past week in their investigation to find Nancy.Â
The FBI has combed Nancy’s home in the rural Tucson neighborhood of Catalina Foothills multiple times in hopes of finding clues that could lead them to the elderly woman.Â
Blood was initially found on Nancy’s door when authorities first entered the home. They also discovered that a Ring Camera was removed.Â
Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told reporters earlier this week at a press conference that law enforcement believes she was snatched from her home.Â
Authorities haven’t released a potential motive, suspect, or person of interest in the alleged kidnapping.Â
There have been multiple reports of alleged ransom notes. Earlier this week, two Tucson-based news outlets and TMZ reported receiving demands from what appeared to be Nancy’s potential kidnapper.Â
TMZ said the letter they received demanded millions in bitcoin in exchange for Nancy, with a Monday deadline.Â
KOLD, one of the local broadcast stations that received an alleged ransom note, said on Friday that it received a second ominous message.Â
Digital billboards with photos of Nancy, her age, height, weight, and description have been erected across major cities across the SouthwestÂ
A car was seen being towed from Nancy’s home on Friday evening. Authorities haven’t released information on why the car was taken and whether it will be used as evidenceÂ
‘The new note contains information the senders seem to think will prove to investigators they’re the same people who sent the first note,’ the station reported.Â
Mary Coleman, a reporter for KOLD, told CNN that the message appeared to have been sent from a secure server, and the station immediately reported it to authorities.Â
Law enforcement hasn’t confirmed the validity of the alleged ransom notes, but said they are treating them as ‘serious leads.’
A California resident named Derrick Callella was arrested on Thursday for allegedly sending false ransom notes to Nancy’s daughter, Annie, and son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni.
A ‘vehicle of interest’ was also reported on Friday that was believed to have been spotted at a local Circle K gas station near Nancy’s home. Â
A spokesperson for the convenience store told the Daily Mail on Friday that law enforcement received a ‘tip’ identifying a ‘vehicle of interest’ in the case, adding that they were cooperating with investigators by providing access to their surveillance camera footage.Â
Authorities have combed Nancy’s rural home multiple times. They’ve also interviewed staff and an Uber driver that dropped Nancy off before she disappeared. Aerial footage of the home is pictured aboveÂ
A Ring Camera was removed from Nancy’s home and blood was found on the door when authorities arrivedÂ
FBI agents were seen on drone camera footage removing a wired device from her roof on Friday.Â
A vehicle that had previously been in her garage was also towed on Friday, according to video footage obtained by CNN and local NBC affiliate, NBC 4 Los Angeles.Â
Authorities are racing against the clock to find Nancy. She has a pacemaker and takes daily prescription medication that she needs to survive.  Â
Nanos told reporters during a press conference that he’s holding out hope Nancy is still alive.
‘What I believe is that Nancy was removed from her home against her will, and that we need to find her. That’s what I believe. She’s still alive,’ he said.
‘I believe that I have no choice until something shows me, a piece of physical evidence shows me that that’s different.’
Nancy Guthrie, pictured above with Savannah in 2021, was last seen on Saturday night and has been missing for five daysÂ
Savannah and her siblings, Annie and Camron, released a video on Wednesday evening pleading with their mother’s alleged kidnapper to communicate with them.Â
‘She is 84 years old. Her health, her heart is fragile. She lives in constant pain. And she is without any medicine. She needs it to survive. She needs it not to suffer,’ Savannah tearfully said in the video.Â
Donald Trump spoke out about the case on Friday night while answering questions from reporters on Air Force One.Â
He said the investigation was going ‘very well’ and that authorities have clues he believes ‘are very strong.’
‘We could have some answers coming up fairly soon,’ the president added.Â